Tuesday, December 21, 2010

31 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

31 years ago on this date I became a married woman.
I had known Hubbie for a couple years but we had only dated 2 months, but when the right one comes along you know it right away and that's the way it was for us.
I remember all the whispers behind our backs about pregnancy,but after 9 months and no baby those rumors were dispelled.
I had never been one of those girls who dreamed of a big fancy wedding,in fact I don't ever remember thinking what kind of wedding I wanted.
So my dad suggested we be married by the same minister that had married him and my mother. This minister was retired but he was an old friend of my dad's so my parents went with Hubbie and me over to the old minister's house and had a nice little private ceremony.My wedding day with my 2 favorite men!
I remember we both worked that day,came home, got dressed and headed off to be married.The bride and groom December 21,1979.
WOW !! I cannot believe it has bee 31 years, 3 children, 1 grandchild later and I still look the same,hahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahah!!!!!!!!
Oops I fell out of my chair !!!!!!!

Market day on a Tuesday,boy my days will be all messed up for the rest of the week.
Daughter went with me since she is off work this week,her b-friend also came along to tote the heavy stacks of cakes and breads for us.
Surprisingly not near as busy as I had anticipated,but okay for a Tuesday I guess.
After market we all walked uptown,I had to deliver a cake to a craft guild on main street and daughter and I always walk main street and shop at least once around Christmas.This is one of our main destinations. I have always bought candy here to fill all the stockings. They have some of the old candies that you can't find anywhere else.
That was one thing I can mark off my Christmas to do list.
The streets weren't really crowded at all today and it was a very nice day,sunny and upper 40's. We decided we need to come back after Christmas to check out the after Christmas sales this year.Spotted this cutest little bell ringer outside a local mall,who could pass this little guy up?

Daughter took one baking supply stop and I took one so we could get home quicker and they could help me unload since Hubbie is still at work.
Daughter and b-friend were off to a birthday dinner with his parents and brother,as all their birthday's have been in the last 2 weeks.
After a quick supper of left overs,Hubbie and I did the chores and then I rested on the couch while watching the news.
#2 son came by to help deplete the left overs from Sunday night's dinner.
I did my baking tonight so daughter can do hers in the morning and then we have another shopping trip planned to the next county.


The weather people are getting everyone all a twitter with their white Christmas prediction this year. The chance of snow on Christmas day they say is a definite possibility. Guess only time and God knows !!!!Caught this little Brown Thrasher peeping at me from a shady spot where there is some snow still hanging around, as they say just waiting for another one.
Thankful for a wonderful day spent with family and friends.
Good Night , God Bless and Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

Gail said...

Happy, happy anniversary!!! Here's to a hundred more.

Merry Christmas!

NCmountainwoman said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Our daughter is flying in to Asheville on Christmas Day so I'm hoping the snow talk is hype.

Carole Barkett said...

Happy Anniversary how wonderful