Wednesday, August 24, 2016

MORE BAKING, MORE CANNING , YES THIS IS AUGUST !!!

  Other g-ma has the kids this morning so I got to sleep in until 8am !!
After getting all the chores done in a cloudy rainy looking morning I had breakfast then had devotions.  I got caught up in the story of  King David and his son Absalom, I read longer than usual today.
I took a walk as the clouds still hung low and thick. I went ahead and dusted my Acorn and Spaghetti squash to keep the tiny ants off them.  Seems I have been in a war all season with these little buggers inside and outside !!

I have the nicest biggest winter squash that I have ever had so I want to try to preserve them until they get fully ripe.

I baked cakes this morning, 12 caramel, 1 coconut, 1 chocolate and 4 pound cakes before having a late lunch.
Now to finish my house cleaning for this week with sweeping and mopping all the floors. This always makes my knees hurt for some reason even as careful as I am.
I cleaned off  the front porch of some of the things we dropped there after we brought all the wedding decorations home. Yeah it has been that kind of August, no time to even pick things up !!!
As soon as the floors dried and I could get back in the kitchen I started dealing with all the tomatoes we picked Sunday evening.
After a couple hours I had 7 more quarts of pasta sauce for the pantry and a couple quarts extra that couldn't fit into the canner went into the freezer.

The clouds finally lifted late this afternoon and gave way to a sunshine filled evening. As I did chores I peaked in on the second Silkie and she has added a couple more chicks.  Pure sweetness !!!!

I did weekly paperwork and paid bills until time to ice my cakes.  I finished with screaming painful knees about 11:30 !!!
A 6.2 earthquake in Italy today left three towns in central Italy  in ruins and the death tole is already at 247 and is expected to rise as more of the rubble is shifted through. Prayers for these folks tonight.


God is so good and is always there for me when I need someone to lean on throughout the day. Thankful for the blessing of another day !!!
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: