Friday, June 30, 2017

A FOND FAREWELL TO JUNE 2017

Up and out to get this busy Friday started. It is cloudy and humid this morning but still cool for this time of year. There was 6/10ths inch of rain in the gauge from the overnight and early morning rain showers. The Butterfly bushes are blooming right on time this year with an assortment of colors.

This month broke a 15 month span of above normal average temps for the month with it's .5 degrees   below average temperature.
After chores and breakfast I went up to church to take a caramel cake for a funeral luncheon of the oldest member of our church. JC Justus was 91 years old and passed away this past Tuesday after a short health decline.
I helped set up for the family's lunch and then headed home.
On the way home I saw a yard sale sign in the yard of one of my friends, Kim Williams that has been having some health problems so I stopped to check on her. Her daughter, Summer was having the sale to clean out some of the excess in the house. I had a nice visit with her but Kim was still sleeping.
I came home and started baking cakes, I baked 12 caramel,2 coconut, 2 chocolate, 4 pound, 1 blackberry wine, 2 coffee cakes, 1 lemon layer cake and 2 pans of brownies. It was almost 3:00 when I turned the last oven off and had a late lunch.
Daughter and I had plans to go over to the outlets in Asheville today but with the late morning start I got and the traffic already building on the interstates and she having the babies pictures made at 5:00 we decided to postpone our shopping trip.
It started raining about 4:00 and continued lightly on and off for a couple hours leaving another 3/10ths inch in the gauge to add to the morning total.
I decided to run to Walmart for supplies for our early July 4th cookout that we are planning tomorrow so I can come straight home tomorrow from market and get started on the preparations.
Walmart was extremely crowded today and so were the roads. Our little town has just out grown our road systems and it makes it aggravating to get anywhere anymore.
However sometimes detours are just what I need on a busy hectic day and as I made this turn and gazed out over the apple orchards and blue hued mountain ranges in the distance I felt a calm thankfulness for the beauty that surrounds me each day.

G-daughter I's photo shoot went very well with no tears and few pics I saw turned out really good.




After we finished chores I started icing cakes and getting things ready for a busy Saturday before the fourth market day. I finished about midnight once again and fell into bed !!!
As this June 2017 comes to an end and I look back over the month it will be one that we always remember with the birth of another grand child. We celebrated 3 other birthdays this month with Tif's on the  8th  , hubbie's on the 15th and Aa's on the 30th.
Our garden has been giving us lettuce, onions, kale greens, peas , peppers, cucumbers, squash and potatoes so far and has gotten rain just at the right times to make it grow and produce nicely.
The weather has been nice with a week of such cool temps we were able to cut the air conditioning off and enjoy the open window sounds of nature to wake up to.

G-son finished his 4th grade year of school and d-in-love began working only 2 days each week giving us only 1 day a week of babysitting g-daughter and g-son. We have made fun trips to Carl Sandburgs to pet the goats and to a couple parks for the kids to play.
G-daughter R is taking her first swimming lessons this month.
#2 son and Tif bought a boat and have been enjoying going to the lake when they get a day off work together.
Hubbie had a very nice father's day but the highlight of the month came on the 20th day when g-daughter I made her entrance into this world about 3:10 that afternoon. She and daughter are doing well and I am so thankful to have another little family member to love.

Thankful for another blessing filled day and for the strength God gives me each and every day. Thankful for this past month and all the blessings for my family and looking forward to what God has in store for us in July.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: