Monday, November 20, 2017

BUSY BAKING MONDAY

Woke early to the sound of #1 son bringing g-son here before 7am so that we could take him to school. D-in-love is staying out of work today with g-daughter RL who has ran a 102 fever all weekend and she is calling the doctor this morning for an appointment.
Hubbie fixed a big breakfast for himself and g-son while I caught a few more zzz's .
Daughter came in with g-daughter IR just as hubbie was leaving to take g-son to school. G-son wanted to get there early to do what he always does when he goes in early with his mom.
IR and me snuggled on this cold 27 degree morning while he was gone.
When hubbie got home I went out and did the chores and broke ice off all the water pans for the first time this season.
Jack Frost left his frosty handiwork heavily everywhere this morning.

Back inside I had my breakfast, seems funny not to be running out to take g-daughter RL to preschool.
This is a busy baking Monday for me today.
Before I got baking started I gathered the laundry and got the first load going.
I stayed in the kitchen until almost 2:00 with breaks only to move laundry from the washer to the dryer and get another load going in the washer and fix bottles for IR along with diaper changes.
I baked 18 caramel, 4 chocolate, 6 pound and 3 coconut cakes to fill the orders for tomorrow and to have on my market table on this one Tuesday that I go to market.
It definitely looks like holiday baking has begun at my house as this is just part of what I baked today.

I had a late lunch then took a hot cup of tea in the living room where IR was sleeping soundly and spelled hubbie so he could go gather some firewood and get out of the house for a while.
I enjoyed the quietness of the house with only the sound of g-daughter's even breathing .
G-daughter RL who has an early ear infection begged her mom to come up to our house for a little visit this afternoon and see her cousin IR before she went home.
 After they all left I did chores then headed for my office to get the weekly paperwork and bills paid early this week.
I spent the rest of the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
Hubbie brought his truck down and loaded some of the boxed orders in it as I can't haul it all in my Honda.
I finally fell into bed at midnight with aching knees, hips and back. I hope some of the soreness goes away with the use of a heating pad over night or I'll be in trouble trying to get around in the morning.
I am forever thankful for the strength and energy God provides me with on these very busy days.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: