Sunday, July 22, 2018

STORMY SUNDAY and 1978 BEACH TRIP

Up to see what this Sunday will bring. It is cloudy and there was 3/10ths inch of rain in the gauge from overnight showers and the air is really heavy with moisture this morning as I head out to get the chores done.
I came back inside and had breakfast then put some mac and cheese and ham in the crock pot to cook while we're in church and we put the corn on the stove to cook before we left.
Hubbie broke the fresh green beans while I did this so they will be ready to put on the stove when we get home.
We made it to church early and had time to some visiting.
Pastor Craig and everyone was back from the mission trip and church was good today. My cousin Mike Ruff joined church this morning as a candidate for Baptism. I am very happy he has made this decision.
Mike was the cousin I have talked about before that was my mom's youngest sister's only son and when she died he was only 15. My dad turned one of our porches into a bedroom for him and he lived with us until he was 20 years old .
We came home from church and had #1 son's family and Aa's family for lunch and everyone had a nice visit.
The storms rolled in about the time everyone left and hubbie and I both spent the afternoon inside. I worked on the market paperwork I have been putting off and hubbie caught up on his auto race watching on TV.
The thunder and lightening got really close but we only received about another 2/10ths inch of rain by chore time tonight.
I love this time of year when I can finish chores and have a healthy snack without even coming back inside. Today the blueberries were my chosen snack and they are really good and plentiful this year.
The blackberries are also getting ripe but I didn't get around to cleaning out my vines this past winter and they are surely fewer berries because of it.
Pretty soon the grapes will be ready for snacking as they are hanging full.
And another fruit that is really plentiful this year is these Kieffer pears . There is so many pears that the limbs are breaking out of the tree. And the ground under the tree always has an abundance of dropped pears to pick up and feed the chickens.
To continue the July decade series on this slow day is some pics of some of my girl friends, Becki, Sue, my cousin Debbie and I on a beach trip to Myrtle beach in 1978.
Me and Becki...….

 Becki, Debbie and me......

 Becki, Debbie and Sue...…..
Becki, Debbie and me......
 Becki and me.....
 View from our room......
When I think back at some of the things we girls did and the way we drove on these trips I am certain God has a plan for all of us because we are all still alive and well   !!!!!!
I am very thankful for the protection and grace the Lord has always shown me and I never go to sleep any day without a thankful heart and prayerful thanks to my amazing Savior.
God Bless and Good Night