Monday, June 22, 2020

NEW BLOOMERS AND LAUNDRY DAY MONDAY

Monday morning gets started with the arrival of RL while her mom works. I got chores done and then had breakfast  while RL and hubbie watched some morning TV.
I needed chicken feed so we picked up IR since she wanted to go with RL and went to Fletcher feed to get the feed.
The girls sang songs all the way there and back. Sometimes there is just nothing better than having these two together.
When we got home we unloaded the feed and then we all had lunch of yesterday's leftovers.
Daughter and CA joined us and while they finished lunch I got weekly laundry started.
IR and RL wanted to go swimming so daughter and hubbie took them down to d-in-love's pool.
I walked down when I got a break in the laundry routine.
The water in the pool was cold from last weeks cool spell so the girls didn't stay in long but they had fun.





The sky clouded up and we heard thunder in the distance so the girls went inside for baths and I came home to do more laundry.
As I walked back up the drive and around the house I noticed these Gladiolus starting to bloom.
 This is Elderberry blooming and we are hoping to harvest some of the berries before the birds get all of them this year.
 These Oak Leaf Hydrangeas blooms are so big this year.
 And these multi colored Hydrangeas are peaking out from around the rose bushes in this bed.
 These little dainty Beauty Berry blooms are so small and pretty and will turn into those pretty purple berries in early fall.

Hubbie, daughter and the girls just made it inside the house before the rain started falling pretty heavy this afternoon.
Thankfully leaving us with 1/2 inch in the gauge and no severe storming as some of our nearby neighbors got again today.
Re had a meeting at 3:30 today so she dropped off EL and BB with us . All the kids had a good time watching TV and eating until d-in-love got home and she took EL and BB home with RL to play and daughter took IR and CA on a ride to try and get them to take a nap.
I got a good news phone call today from the dermatology office that the borders were clear on the last cut of the basil cell cancer he took off my leg last week.
I finished the last load of laundry and then hubbie and I went out to get chores done.
I noticed the leg mites are back on some of the hens legs so I sprayed them with an insecticide this evening to hopefully give them some relief from these little pest.
It threatened to rain again tonight but only sprinkled a few drops.
We are thankful for the 1/2 inch we got earlier for the garden and plants.
We rested for the evening .
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night