Friday, April 8, 2016

BUSY BAKING FRIDAY

At the 7am arrival of g-daughter this morning the thermometer said 39 degrees for the highest morning temp we are going to see for a while.
G-daughter went back to sleep and I got chores done, had breakfast and when she woke up I read my devotions to her which she enjoyed !!
Remember the quilted curtain valances I bought at the flea market last week ?  Well when I bought them I saw really pretty pillows, but when I took one out of the package when I was cutting some sewing projects out I saw little girls aprons !!!
Today they took shape and  these two were made from one valence which cost a total of $1 !!!
There will still be pillows probably some of next weeks projects but I thought these were really cute !
I baked cakes today, significantly more than any other Friday this year so far.

12 caramel, 4 chocolate, 2 pound and a couple decorative banana bread tubes for sandwiches.
The pineapple juice can didn't get completely cooked all the way through last week so I got out these smaller shaped tubes I bought from a Pampered Chef party years ago and broke them in today.
G-daughter ate lunch then took a long afternoon nap in the crib. Her longest nap in there yet almost 2 hours !!
As soon as d-in-love came after her I left and went over to daughter's house to pick her up and take her to pick up her rental car. Her Acura ILX has the exploding airbags in it and the Acura dealership is paying for her a comparable rental car until the parts come in to fix her car. She just has to leave her car parked and not put any more miles on it than it has now.
She choose a Chrysler 200 over the Chevy Impala they offered her.
I made it back home by 5:15 and then I had a hot cup of tea and rested while watching the news.
It looks like spring around here for sure but it isn't going to feel alot like spring for the next couple days.

The temperature tonight is supposed to stay in the upper 20's to 30 degrees but tomorrow night could be devastating to the blooming apple, peach and pear trees and the forming strawberries with mid 20's temps predicted. These are the damage temps for apples and peaches.

Hubbie built a fire in the wood stove downstairs tonight to ward off the really chilly air. It made the house feels so toasty.
I spent the entire evening icing cakes to begin gearing up for the busier season which appears to have started a little earlier than usual, but I'm certainly not complaining about that.
I told hubbie as we both were working to get things packed up tonight ready to load in the morning it is always funny how the busier times seems to come seemingly overnight most years.
A hot bath and nice warm bed is on my "to do" list shortly !!
God is so good to me and I love that He blesses me each day with many blessings that go unnoticed and He just keeps them coming. I pray that He knows how much I love Him and how hard I strive to walk in His light each day.
God Bless and Good Night.



No comments: