Wednesday, January 2, 2019

BACK TO SCHOOL AND WORK

Up to a cloudy dreary morning once again. I wonder if this would be what it's like to live in the rain forest !
Red Sky in the morning, Sailors take warning !!

Back to the regular routine with school starting back today and all 3 g-kids here for breakfast early.
G-son had his waffles and chocolate milk and he and daughter left for school.
Hubbie fed RL and IR while I got the chores done. RL was happy to get back to school thankfully. We were afraid after being out for almost 2 weeks she would really be a pill this morning but she was in a great mood and went into her class all smiling and happy.
I came home and had my breakfast then hubbie,IR and I made a trip to Fletcher feed for some chicken feed. We decided to go today instead of wait until Friday in the rain.
We made a stop at Sam's Club to restock our supplies after the holidays. They had some amazing clearance deals on toys so I got a couple birthday's covered.
We came home and got everything unloaded since the rain is suppose to start later today.
The three of us had lunch and then I worked on cleaning shelves and getting the rest of the Christmas décor down and packed away in my containers. I always give the shelves and the things I return to the shelves a good cleaning before I put them back out.
IR took a good long nap on the cool cloudy afternoon which was good for her to get back on a napping schedule.
When she woke up we loaded all the filled containers up in the back of hubbie's truck and hauled them down to the storage shed to rest for almost another year.
IR was in a wonderful mood after her long nap and loved playing around outside while we worked.
Hubbie did his chores while I played with her and then I took my turn at my chores. By this time it was raining pretty hard so my new raincoat got a trial and I really like it .
Winter storm Fisher is bringing us more flood warnings rain.

And as he heads across the country he brings more substantial rain totals for our area to start 2019 off just like 2018 ended.

We had supper then watched the news. Son-in-love picked up IR as daughter has a basketball game at North Buncombe today. IR and son-in-love went home to watch UNC / Harvard and IR is becoming a Tarheel fan quickly.

I baked 2 pound cakes and did weekly paperwork and paid bills this evening.
Without internet bedtime comes earlier for both hubbie and me.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: