Tuesday, November 1, 2011

THE NOVEMBER VIEW FROM HERE

The view from here sure has changed in a months time. It now definitely has a bareness about it and even in the warm sunshine it looks cold.
On this first day of November it started out very frosty again about 30 degrees.
After chores and breakfast I walked in the coolness of the morning. It does put an extra giddy-up in each step.The pastures are still green but the surrounding trees are getting that barren winter look.
Back at the house I warmed up by starting laundry and baking my pound and wine cakes as well as icing 6 caramel cakes all before lunch.
I changed all the furniture covers ,rugs and etc. to start the month of November.I can not believe it is already almost Thanksgiving again. It seems that we just had Thanksgiving dinner a few weeks ago ,not an entire year ago !!!
Soon there will be cooked turkey on this table as well as the placemat turkeys !!

I stayed steadily busy all afternoon, alternating laundry loads and hanging out to dry with washing windows ,cleaning bathrooms, taking down Halloween decorations and wrapping and labeling cake orders.
When daughter got home I went with her out to a rug store. She found one for her living room and one for her dining room while we were there and she ordered a matching runner for her front foyer. The salesman went to school with my boys and he gave her a good deal. She found something she really liked for her bedroom but is not sure about rug space in there until she finds some bedroom furniture.
We came home and after chores and supper her and her dad took a load of her things that she had stored at #2 son's house along with her new rugs on over to her house.
While they were gone I iced 6 more caramel cakes.
She has baking to do when she gets home and I have heartburn so I don't feel like doing a lot tonight anyway. I think I should stay out of the left over Halloween candy after I get over this bought of painful heartburn !!!

The accident that happened just up the road yesterday turned out to be a drug deal gone bad and the guys in the car actually ran down the victim and hit him. When the 4 black guys jumped out and ran they ran up on a neighbors porch and told him they had been robbed. He told them he didn't want anything to do with them and asked them to leave. Lucky for him they ran off. The victim apparently is not seriously injured. But that has made me very nervous and several times today I found myself locking my doors while I was working inside. I have never done that before and never thought I needed to do that, but times are changing and I'm afraid they are going to get much worse. The trouble that used to be around towns and cities is quickly spilling out into the sparsely settled country where life moves at a slower pace and trust is understood.
I grew up sleeping with the doors open and our back door didn't even have a lock on it.
My brothers and I played and roamed the woods and fields at will without even a thought of danger except from maybe stepping on a snake or a bees nest ( which we did both from time to time).
A man's handshake was as good back then as 10 signed documents are today.(maybe better)
Times sure have changed right here on this same farm I was raised on and it makes me sad sometimes to think what my daddy would have to say about how things are now.
Sometimes when I buy a bottle of water to drink I even giggle a little as I think of what he might say about buying water !!!

Just think what a wonderful world this would be if everyone loved God and followed His Ten Commandments.
All I know is I love God and pray each day for His forgiveness for my shortcomings.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SWEETIE, I COULDN'T HAVE SAID YOUR WORDS ANY BETTER. TAKE ME BACK TO OUR YOUTH. BEING IN MY 70S AND SEEING WHAT'S HAPPENING TO GODS' WORLD BREAK MY HEART. A FRIEND ON ANOTHER BLOG WROTE ME AN E MAIL TODAY AND TOLD ME SHE AND HER HUSBAND ARE NOT RELIGIOUS PEOPLE AFTER I SENT THEM SOMETHING ABOUT GODS HUGS. ONLY BECAUSE HER MOTHER IN LAW HAD FALLEN AND GOT HURT AND WILL END UP IN A NURSING HOME FROM NOW ON. YET SHE ASKED THE FOLK ON THE BLOG TO SAY A PRAYER FOR THEM. I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW FOLK ASK FOR PRAY YET HAVEN'T GOT A MINUTE FOR OUR LORD. THEY NEED GOD IN THEIR LIFE SO BAD. I GUESS ALL I CAN DO IS LIFT THEM UP AND LET GOD WORK IN THEIR LIFE. YOUR BLOG LIFTS ME UTHANKS FOR SHARING.

A GRANNY FROM FLORIDAP