Tuesday, September 5, 2017

BACK TO REALITY

Back in the routine this morning with the 7:15 arrival of g-daughter I.  G-daughter R isn't coming this morning as I have to be at the doctor at 9am to have my blood drawn for my annual physical so other g-ma is taking her to school this morning.
I hurried through chores and then headed over to Asheville to Dr. Vickory's . I got called back quickly and was out in about 10 minutes. Not a good blood stick this time leaving me with a sore bruised arm.
I made stops at the Biltmore House gatehouse for more wassail mix , Walmart for baking supplies and Southern States for chicken feed on the way home.  I made it home at 10:30.
Hubbie had tried to give g-daughter I her morning bottle but she had refused it .
I fixed her another bottle when I got home and she took that one. She must not have been hungry enough earlier.
She went to sleep after her bottle and I did some house cleaning before I left to pick up g-daughter R from her school.
She had another good day and was happy when I went in to get her . She went to sleep as soon as the Honda started moving !!
When we got home hubbie carried her in and put her in her bed to nap while we ate lunch.
We hadn't finished eating when she came sneaking into the kitchen wide awake and said she was hungry.
She ate a good lunch then played while I fixed g-daughter I another bottle which she promptly refused and went back to sleep.
After a 30 minute more nap she woke up hungry enough to take the bottle. So that made 6 ounces for her today.
They both pretty much rested all afternoon as the skies clouded up on this cooler mid 70's afternoon.


And this one went home and got dressed up for her 11 week picture this evening.
Hubbie and I did chores early to beat the storms and hard rains that began for the evening. G-son and g-daughter R came back to stay with us while mom went to the PTO meeting and dad finished work.
The thunder and lightening got really close and we thought some thing close must have been struck a couple times.
#1 son came after the kids and hubbie and I had a light supper.
The temps are about to feel really Fall like for the next couple days around here.
Another tropical storm was named today as Jose looks to follow Irma across the Atlantic.

Hurricane Irma is now a category 5 and is a huge storm churning past all the small islands.
Unfortunately for us most of the tracks have her coming right up over our area.
The last time a hurricane came this way it was in 2004 and we had devastating flooding and wind damage around here.
With rescues still going on in Texas this is going to be a major event and a historic double whammy for the United States. The next several days we are going to be watching very closely to pray that this storm might turn more easterly and head on back out to sea.
Thankful for my blessings of this day and praying for all the folks in the path of these storms.
God Bless and Good Night.






1 comment:

linda m said...

Both your granddaughters are so very cute. Praying for everyone that Irma turns away from then U.S. and heads back out to sea. Blessings