Tuesday, August 27, 2019

GRAPE JELLY TUESDAY

Up to meet RL and g-son this morning as hubbie took g-son to school. He acts like he is happier this year than last year at school.
I got chores done and RL and I had breakfast before getting started on the basket of grapes hubbie picked earlier.
RL was excited that she would get to help take all the ripe grapes off the stems and get them ready for juicing.


We actually had enough juice to do 3 runs of jelly instead of the 2 I had planned so hubbie and RL had to make a run to Ingles for more Sur-Gel while I got started on jelly making.
I stuck with it right through lunchtime and ended up with 32 half pints of delicious grape jelly and a couple small jars that RL claimed for her own to take home with her.
I needed a break for my aching back and RL needed a nap so I sat down and held her until she went to sleep then hubbie layed her on the couch.
He went to pick up g-son and I rested.
RL woke up when her mom came in after them and they were going to get something to eat for supper.
RL ate some of her jelly she took home for dessert.
I decided it would be a good time to defrost my freezer and hubbie helped get everything out of it.
We didn't have as much to throw out as we thought but it sure looks nice all "ice free" and clean now.
There was a lot of ice in it and we realized that we didn't get around to defrosting it last year.
After we got that done hubbie went up to the garden to clean off a place to plant our winter greens and I watched the news. It has been a cloudy cool day in a string of cool days but the heat is coming back just in time for the main street apple festival this weekend.
The past several days have given us a brief taste of Fall temps and it has felt so good. We have been close to records on several days.

Dorian the 4th named storm has been upgraded and now it is believed it will hit Florida hopefully just as a strong tropical storm.
I got chores done and then helped hubbie with the garden clean up and got a nice spot cleaned off to plant our greens.
We came inside and rested for the evening and I finally got my blog post caught up.  I always write my post each night but if I only have my laptop I have to wait to download the photos for the post because for some unknown reason my laptop spaces the pics all crazy.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night








1 comment:

linda m said...

Boy, does your grape jelly ever look good! Can't remember the last time I had homemade jelly. Blessings