Tuesday, August 6, 2019

TOMATO TUESDAY

Up on this morning to another busy catch up day. We started off with chores and breakfast then a trip to Fletcher feed to pick up chicken feed. As we drove home daughter called and ask if hubbie could stop by and check a water leak in one of her bathrooms so we stopped by there. The home health care nurse for CA was there when we got there so I fed CA while he and daughter talked.  When he weighted CA she was 8 lbs 5.5 ounces.  We also got him to help change the tape on her face that holds her feeding tube.
We came home and hubbie got on the lawn mower and I finished the décor changes and did some house cleaning.
Hubbie had picked the tomatoes when we got back from vacation and I needed to get some canning done. I used some of the tomatoes he gathered to make 6 quarts and 1 pint of pasta sauce.



  I went up to the garden and picked all the ripest Roma tomatoes that hubbie hadn't picked and picked the bell peppers from the garden. Since I had everything out I figured with the time I had this evening I would make some salsa also.

I put these together with some of the big tomatoes and a bag of Vadalia onions that hubbie picked up from the store this afternoon to make 15 pints of really good salsa.


While I was picking tomatoes and peppers I realized I hadn't did any August garden pictures so I made a couple to post. The upper end had the early vegetables in it and we replaced them with these nice cabbage and broccoli plants our nice neighbor Scott gave us.
We are still getting peppers, potatoes and the okra is just starting to get ready in this part of the garden. The tall Indian corn isn't near ready yet.
In the other end of the garden we are still harvesting green beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, and a few squash.
Hubbie also put some of the cabbage plants in the empty spots on this side.
I did chores between the canning and got the last of the jars from the canner at 11:30 and was glad to get into a hot bath and bed.
All the kids had fun on their third night of VBS.
IR and RL love dancing to the songs.....

 D-in-love teaches her class of rising 3rd graders.
RL ,standing in light green shirt and IR' sitting with her back to the camera in the flowered outfit.


 Daughter helps keep RL and IR in line from one activity to the other with little CA just hanging on!
 EL loves dancing also.


 RL loves playtime on the playground.
G-son is having a good time with his youth group.

#1 son in camo shorts is part of the security team again tonight.

 Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the strength He gives me each day.
God Bless and Good Night




1 comment:

linda m said...

So happy to hear about CA's weight gain. Your salsa looks really good. Blessings