Friday, December 10, 2021

DECEMBER 3rd thru DECEMBER 10th

 NO !  I didn't die or anything bad that you might have imagined since I haven't posted on here in over a week !!!    As I get older I have realized I need to prioritize things instead of using late night hours or energy that I don't have to get everything done in the timely manner I usually hold myself to.  So when the seasons of extra work come along I have decided to let some things just sit until I have time to catch them up without the two preciously mentioned efforts to keep every single thing on a tight schedule.  Blogging is usually done later in the evenings when everything is done so when "everything" else runs into that later evening time blogging gets put off.  I have blogged for over 14 years and rarely missed a day so I am not hopefully ever going to completely abandon my blog but there will be breaks like this last week and maybe more as I feel the need to poor more of myself into my grandkids and family life especially around busy holidays.  I hope all my followers understand and keep coming back.

Over the last week I have not felt great with a nasty head cold and my Christmas decorating also suffered a time delay but hopefully by tomorrow night I will have everything decorated that is going to get decorated this year. The girls have been big helps with the trees and any other things they are big enough to help with and it has been really special to watch them come together to get things done. 







                                               






I have also been spending time making photo calendar gifts for all my girls which takes a lot of time and I am not a person who can spend an extensive amount of time starring into a computer screen.  
CA's entire class at preschool was put under a 2 week quarantine when one of the teachers received a positive covid test . CA was tested several times and doesn't have it thankfully but it has been a hard week of pre-school as CA can't understand why she can't go to school and IR has had a hard time without her sister going because she is also too young to understand the details.                                        IR, CA and EA got to visit Santa.

G-son had his Christmas concert at the local college and we were able to attend that. He did great as usual and had a solo that he did great on. I love that he has the outside seat in his row as a freshmen.



All these kids keep me hopping and I am so grateful to be able to be a part of their lives and watch them grow up.                                                             NP
                                                                            EA
                                                                     BB, RL, CA, EL, IR
                                                                           G-son
This week ended with these two celebrating 16 years of marriage , they attended a Chris Stapleton concert last Sunday night while RL and G-son spent the night with us to celebrate #1 son's birthday and their anniversary. 
                                                            December 10, 2005

Hopefully I can keep up with the blog next week but we will see how things go I still have a lot of cakes to bake, ice and deliver and I want to be present in every aspect of Christmas with all the family.
Thankful with a full heart for all the blessings and for the health that we are blessed with but most of all for the real Reason for this season, Jesus Christ.
God Bless, Good Night and Merry Christmas 


2 comments:

Granny_J said...

As a faithful reader of your blog I certainly understand the fact you need to prioritize things happening in your life. I can't imagine any one of the blog readers leaving due to you taking of your precious family first. May you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

linda m said...

i certainly understand why you haven't blogged the last week. This is a busy season and we don't need you getting sick. Love all the pictures. Your grand kids sure are growing up fast. And they sure were a big help decorating. Take care and God Bless you.