Monday, September 6, 2021

HAPPY LABOR DAY 2021

 This labor day started off really shaky for me as I was getting chores done this morning I developed a migraine fissure in my right eye. I hurried through chores and came back inside to grab my hot pack and heat it in the microwave and grabbed a couple cold packs from the freezer. As soon as I layed down in bed and put one cold pack behind my head and one on my forehead the fissure left my eye. I stayed in bed and relaxed for a while and put used the hot pack to help me relax even more before I got up to have some breakfast. I think not eating supper last night is probably why I had this problem this morning. After I ate I felt much better but my head still hurt slightly. I got laundry started and then decided to tackle a few small things around the house that I have been putting off. I got these Jacob's cattle beans all shelled out and jarred up for the pantry. I've never had these before so this is about 2 meals worth that will give us a chance to see if we like them or not. These beans are very pretty.


Then between 2 more loads of laundry I strung all the cayenne peppers that have been drying.
And I also managed to shell all these Dragon Tongue beans to use as dried beans. We had these last year and really liked the flavor of them. I had to throw alot of them away because when the rains came from the tropical storms if any beans were touching the ground they molded and sprouted.

I will allow these to dry a little more on this screen before putting them in a jar.
The clouds covered the sun for awhile this afternoon and I went outside to clean out a couple more chicken houses. I got the Tractor Supply tractor ready for the three younger surprise chicks that the hen started sitting on while we were on vacation in June. They turned out to be 2 roosters and  1 pullet.  I also got the Bonesteel tractor cleaned out that houses my incubated from this spring pullets. There are only 9 of them.  The 5 pullets we moved into the camper cover tractor last night are loving their new habitat and ate almost all the mustard greens that I had planted where we moved the tractor over yesterday. 
I finished laundry and then we did chores early to go over to daughter's and have supper with her and help with the girls because son-in-love is down with a kidney stone again. This same stone has been bothering him off and on since June.  We ate then entertained the girls until it got dark and we had to come home to shut everything up. EA hasn't had a good day with a tummy ache, poor babe.

God painted us a pretty sky tonight and the temperature sure feels good and cool this evening.

Thankful for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless, Happy Labor day  and Good Night