Monday, September 20, 2021

SHELLING BEANS AND LAUNDRY KIND OF RAINY DAY

 Up to get these last couple days of summer 2021 started.  Hubbie did his regular running around this morning getting g-son to school and riding with daughter to take IR to pre-school. CA wanted to stay here when they got back. I got chores done then had breakfast with CA. After we ate I got laundry started while CA and hubbie played .  CA went down for a nap early so I got started shelling these "Cherokee" beans that I am wanting to try. This is the hardest part of drying beans. I worked on these until mid afternoon between laundry loads, getting food for CA and watching her play and enjoy all the toys by herself !!!



I ended up with more than I expected from the less than half row of these beans.
It has been a pretty dreary day with light rain showers but I forgot to check the rain gauge this evening so I will take a total of today and tomorrow for rain. This summer season is going to end with a couple rainy dreary days ahead of a cold front that moves in on Wednesday just in time for Fall to begin.
These Burning bushes in the yard are already starting to show their "fall" colors.

I got chores done and then RL came up and had supper with us and stayed here until her bedtime. She said she just missed being up here and we also miss her. It is strange when each one of the kids start school and no longer spend their days with us. I'm glad RL likes to still come around us and hope she will always feel this way.
Our internet went out tonight just as I sat down to write a blog so this is back dated . Thankfully it was just a loose connector and we managed to find it the next morning.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: