Thursday, March 18, 2021

DODGED THE STORM BULLET THIS TIME

 When I went to bed last night listening to the pouring rain and thunder and watching lightening streak across the darkness of the bedroom I just knew we were in for a rough night. Somehow I went to sleep and when I woke up in the wee hours of the morning actually when the storm was supposed  to be worse I heard nothing, not even any rain. As I dozed back off with a thankful prayer for at least this long without the storm mess they were predicting I was still very surprised when the alarm went off and there was only rain falling with no wind or storm.  The weather folks said the storm never got heated up enough to get as far north as we are thankfully.  Although the rain was steady I'll take that any day over wind and thunder and lightening.  I got chores done and then IR and CA had breakfast with hubbie and I.  We played all morning as we waited for the rain to end. We went to pick up lunches and came back with the rain still falling but by the time we ate and let CA finish her nap the rain stopped and some blue sky became visible.  There was 2.5 inches of rain in the gauge when it was all over.  We loaded up in hubbie's truck and went to run our weekly errands. We made stops at the PO, the dump / recycle center and Sav Mor grocery store mostly for dog and cat food !!   We came home just ahead of daughter getting off work.          After the girls left hubbie and I watched the early news on TV. There were a lot of folks not so lucky as we were with the passing of this storm and my prayers go out to them tonight.    We got chores done and then did a little drive way clean up where leaves and sticks had washed into it.  We came inside and I iced the cakes I baked last night and then got out the incubator to get ready for the first round of egg hatching of the year.  
Thankful for the blessings of this day.

God Bless and Good Night 

1 comment:

linda m said...

Very happy to hear that you are okay and the storm wasn't that bad. Blessings