Monday, March 1, 2021

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO #2 SON AND CONGRATULATIONS

Up to a dreary rainy Monday morning with all 4 grand kids here. Hubbie took g-son to school and then I got chores done when he returned. I had breakfast with the girls and then gathered laundry and got weekly laundry started. We played with the girls all morning and then loaded up and went to pick up a curbside Walmart order and lunches on the way home.  After we all ate lunch I did more laundry and the girls played happily all afternoon.  The rain was light today and there was only 1/2 inch in gauge from this system. The wind has been pretty light thankfully and it has been around 50 degrees all day.  March is pretty much coming in like a lamb this year with a pretty nice weather week ahead.

After the girls all went home hubbie and I watched the early news and then went out to get chores done. I gathered the last full head of broccoli under our row cover tonight.

If you think your broccoli plants are done after you cut the big head you are sadly mistaken . We have been gathering all these little broccolets all season from the plants after we have cut the main large head and these little heads are so tender and tasty.


I put the plastic cover back over the plants tonight since it is predicted to get below freezing tonight. Broccoli is pretty hardy but I think the warmth helps it to put out all these little broccolet heads.
We came inside and had a light supper and then I did my exercise and relaxed for the evening.
If you follow my blog you might remember there was 2 different times I mentioned good things to come that I would talk about later. Well as you know I have already talked about one of them as my daughter is going to have her third baby due this September.  Well our family is growing by doubles as the second thing I mentioned is another addition to the family as #2 son and d-in-love Tif will welcome their first child in September as well.  The due dates are 3 days apart !!!!
To keep adding to this first day of a new month is a big happy birthday to #2 son as he turns 38 years old.  
Thankful for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night


 

1 comment:

linda m said...

Happy Birthday to son #2 and congratulations to son #2 and Tif on their upcoming new baby. Praying all goes well with your daughter's and d-in-love's pregnancies.