Tuesday, March 16, 2021

THUNDERSTORM TUESDAY

 Got woke up by loud thunder this morning this morning before IR and CA arrived.  Wonder if the old saying about thunder in winter and snow in 7 days still holds true this late in the season. This is the last week of winter and I wonder if that counts in the old beliefs ???

It rained all morning and chores where challenging because of all the slick mud returning. The girls were waiting for me to have breakfast when I got back inside. They had waffles and I had oatmeal.  After we ate they played and I got ready to go for my annual eye exam. I don't know why any type of doctor appointment makes me so nervous but I was dreading this one mostly because every time I have my eyes dilated I get a migraine.  You can imagine the relief I felt when the nurse asked me if I wanted to pay an extra $39 to have her make a picture of the back of my eye ball instead of having the dilation !!  Thanks to this picture also my appointment lasted half as long.  Dr. Poole said my eyes looked super healthy and the small cataract that is beginning on one eye hadn't gotten any bigger and my vision has improved a little more.  I have been noticing I can't see distance as well with my glasses on and some time I can see TV better with them off.  I was also thankful that their was hefty discounts on glasses now through them. I got a new pair of glasses that look similar to the ones I have but with thinner blue frames instead of the thicker rose colored ones I have now.  Needless to say I left there a happy patient !!   Thankfully the drive home was much better feeling than I expected and I was even through in time to stop and pick up the girl's lunches on the way home. This was a bright spot on this very cloudy rainy day. 

 CA was napping when I got here so IR , hubbie and I had our lunch.  We let her sleep for 2.5 hours before getting her up to ride to the appliance sales place on the other side of town.  I went in the shop only to be disappointed once again as they did not have the freezers they said they did online. They tried to sell me a 17 cubic foot freezer for a higher price than they had the 20 cubic foot one for online.  I left there and we came home with the girls so CA could have a late lunch.  She ate and IR and I watched TV until daughter got here to pick them up.  I am fighting taking a nap this afternoon as last night I had a hard time getting to sleep and I felt like it was due to the short nap I took yesterday after the kids left.  We met with another tree cutter this evening about the large oak tree that is leaning toward our house. The guy that told us he would cut it last November has never shown up. This man said he could bring a crane in and make short work of it in about 3 weeks.  Fingers crossed that he shows up and the tree stands for 3 more weeks.  We wish now we would have called him in November but you live and learn.    We got chores done and dumped 1inch of rain from the gauge this evening. Hubbie walked down to D-in-love's and brought us some of her tortilla soup back for our supper, it hit the spot and was delicious.  I got online tonight and got a freezer ordered to be delivered next Wednesday, again fingers crossed that the old one last that long.  I also got a grocery order put in to pick up that I have been working on a couple days !!   I need to get some tax paperwork done and then I think I will be caught up, whew, this is a brain activity busy time of year. I am looking forward to the outside garden kind of busy in a couple weeks !!   And especially when I watered my seed starts tonight and saw some of the cabbage and lettuce already sprouting up.  

Thankful for the blessings of this day.

God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

I sure wish that if a store says they have it is stock that they really would. Had that problem last summer with a dehumidifier - had to substitute cuz they didn't have the one I ordered. Hope the tree guy shows up this time. Blessings