Friday, April 19, 2019

A SCARY STORMY GOOD FRIDAY

Woke up by pounding rain on the roof this morning. I rolled over and hoped that the rain would slack so I could get out and get chores done without getting completely soaked.
I got out the big long rain gear and high boots and headed out about an hour late but nothing seemed to have noticed as they didn't want to come out in the downpour of rain anyway.
The garden makes me wonder about how much produce we will be able to salvage from the standing water.

Back inside I had some oatmeal and as I was just finishing the power blinked off for about 5 minutes but thankfully came back on.
Hubbie and I spent the rainy morning cleaning house. IR came about 11:00 to stay with us while her parents went to lunch and a movie .  They are braver than me as I would not want to be out on the roads in all this rain and wind.
We sat out in the sunroom after lunch and watched the big leaning pine tree sway back and forth but it is still standing.
At times the rain fell as hard as I think I have ever seen it rain and it didn't take long for the creek to jump out of it's banks.
It was almost touching he bridge by the time it stopped rising.
Finally about 3:30 the rain slack and the sun peaked through. IR was so impatient to get outside she found these boots and put them on so we all went out to wait for her parents and she loved to jump in the puddles and splash.



There was a lot of damage around the county from the heavy rains and in our gauge there was 4.2 inches of rain and some places had more than we did.
A lot of area roads had major damage .

And the Pickens Flea Market where we were just at day before yesterday was totally flooded.

After IR left hubbie and I watched the news and then waited out one more rain shower before getting chores done.
EL and BB spent the rainy day decorating Easter eggs.


I spent the evening baking and icing cakes while hubbie stuffed Easter eggs.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and thankful for the mercies of no damage during the storms.
Today is the saddest day for Christians as we remember our Merciful Savior hanging on that cross  for our sins but the glorious Sunday afterward is a true celebration.


God Bless, Good Night and Happy Easter.



No comments: