Monday, April 8, 2019

SPRING STORMS START THIS WEEK OFF

A cloudy Monday morning but it is warm and nice to get out without having to pull on insulated cover-alls to get chores done.
Hubbie fed the girls breakfast while I was outside and then I took RL to pre-school.
I came home and had my breakfast while IR snacked and hubbie went outside to get his morning chores done.
I got laundry started and got the Easter decorations down and got them put out with the help of IR who followed me around wanting to touch all the decorations.
We all went to pick up RL and then as the rain started we went into Burger King to have lunch. While we ate the rain poured down and we had to wait for a break before we made our  way to the Honda. We still all got wet getting into the Honda.
We came straight home and got inside before more rain started .  The girls wanted some cake for dessert so IR had some of my left over pound cake which she loves.

And RL had a brownie and I really hope she smiled cutely for her spring picture today at school.

I did more laundry as hubbie tried to get the girls to nap on this rainy afternoon but RL was the only one who finally pooped out.
I got a couple more loads of laundry finished this afternoon and finished the decorations.
D-in-love and daughter got here about the same time and daughter and I left to go over to the kid's sale place to pick up what didn't sell. Thankfully we had a break in the heavy rain while we got that done. We sold over $150 worth of things so it was a successful sale.
Daughter dropped me off and picked up IR so they could get home before more storms.
I did chores a little early so I could beat the storms which fired up shortly after I came inside with thunder and lightening and more pouring rain. Before this storm there was 1/2 inch in the gauge which surprised me because I thought there was surely more than that after the heavy intermittent rains that have been off and on all afternoon.
I went back out after the storm and shut all the chickens up.
The rain continued to pour off and on all evening as hubbie and I watched the national basketball championship game between Virginia and Texas Tech. The game didn't start until almost 9:30 so we didn't make it to the end.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: