Monday, April 29, 2019

FARM DAY AND PLANT SHOPPING

Monday mornings are always challenging with the kids and getting back on schedule.  Our schedule for today took a change last night when d-in-love decided she would get off work and go to RL's "farm day" at pre-school. Hubbie, IR and I had planned on going but it will be much better for d-in-love to go.
I got chores done and grabbed my coffee and a breakfast bar and hubbie and IR went along this morning anyway to stop at a couple places after we drop RL off.
I found the Hosta variety I have been looking for at Ace hardware and all their perennials were BOGO so I got a couple other flowering small bush type perennials.  I just love the red stems on this hosta.

We also checked out one of our favorite thrift shops and stopped at the Co-op to pick up some gourmet peppercorns and ginger pieces.  IR was not happy this morning for some reason and did a lot of whimpering and crying. I think she is cutting her 2-year molars.
We came home and waited for d-in-love to drop off RL after their fun day.





I got weekly laundry started and changed all the bed clothes and furniture covers for some extra laundry today. I vacuumed the furniture and cleaned all the shelves off and changed the décor from purple to pink and blue for the month of May.
RL was sleeping when she got here but she soon woke up and we all had lunch together.
I did more cleaning and laundry as the afternoon wore on and I noticed RL was not her usual playful self and was pretty much just laying around while IR did her best to get her to play with her.
I finished my cleaning and changing décor out around 2:30 and went outside to the covered patio where hubbie and the girls were. RL was in hubbie's lap while IR played on the slides.
Hubbie brought RL back inside when she said she was cold and IR and stayed outside. In a few minutes IR climbed up in my lap and went to sleep. I wrapped her in a blanket to fend off the chilly wind that was blowing and we sat there until daughter came home.
Daughter picked her out of my lap and we came inside for her to finish her nap on the couch. RL was asleep in hubbie's lap and she woke up when her mom came in but just layed in her mom's lap until they left.
After they all left hubbie and I got all the plants outside that had spent the winter months in the house and basement.
Then hubbie helped me plant all the things I bought this morning. I still have a few pots to fill with something but will wait for another sale.
I carried water to everything and was reminded why I shouldn't plant so many flowers !!!!
I finished laundry and then got chores done for the evening. It is getting pretty chilly this evening as the sun goes down.
D-in-love said RL had a fever when she got home but had seemed to feel better as the evening wore on. But d-in-love has decided to go into work late tomorrow so she can see how she is doing in the morning and see if she might need to take her to the doctor.
I am very thankful for the blessings this day was filled with.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: