Tuesday, April 23, 2019

HOT PARK PLAY DAY

A pretty sleepless night nursing an achy knee and trying to get into a comfortable position left me groggily going through chores this morning. Thankful for the cool 41 degree fresh air to help me clear my head.
I took RL to pre-school and then came home for a big breakfast of eggs, grits and bacon to hopefully give me the lift I need. IR had a snack and watched her morning cartoons.
She followed me around as I took down and put away all the Easter decorations and she wanted to check the plastic eggs to made sure there was no forgotten candy in them !!
Hubbie said he saw an advertisement at the Amazon return place that they were having a yard sale today so we left early to check that out.
We found a couple things and daughter wanted a shelf they had so we picked that up for her.
We picked up RL, stopped at Burger King and picked up chicken nuggets and fries to eat at the park.
It is a beautiful day but in the low 80's it is pretty hot. IR found these hats this morning that we bought at the flea market  and they need them today.


After they ate they played for a short time but most of the equipment at this park was too hot for them to touch but they did get in a few slides.




We didn't stay at the park very long and as soon as we headed home both girls conked out for naps.
While they napped and hubbie napped along with them after we got home I worked on the afghan for the new baby. I used all the yarn I had so daughter will have to get some more. She picked out the yarn and just wants the memory of me crocheting it.
We went outside to play when everyone woke up and that's where we were when d-in-loved picked up RL. Just as we came inside to get IR a snack daughter came and she went with hubbie and IR to Home Depot to pick up more fencing and some grass seed and straw.
While they were gone I took a shovel and a rake and went down the drive way to repair the wash out ruts and re-dig the filled ditches.
I worked until they all came back from unloading all the things at daughters . Hubbie helped me on the last 2 water breaks then I came inside to watch the news and get some water.
When I checked this white Silkie who I thought wasn't going to have any eggs hatch I was really happy to see this little black chick all dry and healthy.

I set up another silkie who has been trying to set in the regular house in a brooder box with 4 brown eggs but she wasn't taking to the new quarters or nest so we'll see what tomorrow brings.
I am very tired tonight and looking forward to an early bedtime and hopefully to catch up on some of last nights lost sleep.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: