Wednesday, April 24, 2019

BAKING WEDNESDAY AND 1949 AND 1979 APRIL MEMORIES

Slept pretty good last night after going to bed with an ice pack on my knee. Up to get chores done and get RL off to pre-school.
Late last night hubbie and I loaded the Honda with the rugs, furniture and bed covers so that I could stop by the laundry on the way home this morning if the bigger machines were not in use.
When I arrived at the laundry the biggest machine was in use but 3 of the next size down were open and that's all I needed. I got everything carried in and got the machines started. I had brought a cup of coffee and a breakfast bar along for my breakfast so while things washed I had my breakfast at a table  in the back of the laundry and watched a repair man try to fix a dryer.
I had to laugh when an older man who had asked me about a couple things on one of the washers he was using came back to the table and sat down with me to strike up a conversation. I thought how I guess the laundry mat would be a good place to meet women. I had no interest in talking about current events withthis strange man so I made an excuse to make a phone call and took the rest of my coffee and bar out to my car to finish.
When I came back inside to get things moved to the dryers I saw that the man was talking to another lady. Maybe he was just a friendly person but I got some bad vibes from him.
I got things dried and came home in about an hour. I hung all the rubber backed rugs out on the clothes line to dry in the warm sunshine today.
I got everything else put away and then we had an early lunch since IR had been outside most of the morning and was acting hungry.
I put some asparagus and cauliflower in the oven for hubbie and I and IR had mac and cheese.
After lunch IR wanted to go back outside so hubbie took her and I stayed inside and got my baking started. I baked 6 caramel, 3 pound cakes and 1 pan of brownies.
IR finally wore completely out from running around the yard and she fell fast asleep as soon as hubbie sat down with her.
Hubbie took the opportunity to gather trash and recyclables and get his truck loaded for his dump run tomorrow.
IR slept until after her mom got here to pick her up. She had been asleep over 2 hours and she was in a great mood with the rest time.
Hubbie went over to her house to measure for some porch railings he is going to be building for her and IR helped with the measuring.

I spent time this evening going through my photos and getting the April decade pics out which I am very late getting done so I will need to hurry to get them all on here before the end of the month.
The oldest April - - - 9 picture I found was from 1949. This is one of my first cousins,belonging to
mom's sister, named Gertie Mae, Don was her oldest son.

And to speed things along this is me in April of 1979.

And this is a friend of mine in that month, Carl was always there to help me in any way he could.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night.



No comments: