Saturday, August 7, 2021

MORE PASTA SAUCE CANNING

 Up on this Saturday morning to make a cake delivery before I get started with chores. I was supposed to meet him between 10-12 but he called and asked if I could meet at 9:50 so I hurriedly drove to Krispy Kreme to meet him. This guy has always showed up late each time I have met him but I was hopeful especially since I left my chores undone until I get back home. However he stuck with his true self and didn't show up until 10:15. I was trying not to get my blood pressure up and stay calm but lesson learned I will never rush to be on time with the customer again. He only gets cakes once a year but I know I will remember this next time.  I came home and grabbed a cup of coffee and a bar to eat as I get chores done really late this morning.  After chores I sat down and had a second cup of coffee calmly.  It is cloudy this morning and the forecast is for rain to move in about mid afternoon.  I decided to go pick the green beans from the garden for tomorrow's lunch to get ahead of the rain storm. I pulled up the remaining bush beans and picked the beans from them and these hens really appreciated the bean bushes.

I came inside and started getting things ready for my run of pasta sauce making today. Some of these tomatoes are huge.

Washed and ready, the different colors make them look so pretty.
I spent the afternoon turning these into 7 quarts and 2 pints of delicious pasta sauce.

I ate a cucumber and tomato salad for lunch they gave me some really bad heart burn but thankfully after eating a small baked potato for supper it got better.  I got chores done and then #1 son's family and daughter's family came over to have a fire and make smore's . We sat around the fire through our second light rain shower of the afternoon but neither time there wasn't enough rain to even settle the dust. We need rain desperately right now.  We could see the rain across the creek this afternoon but nothing but a sprinkle for us.
After the fire went out everyone went home and hubbie and I went in for an early bedtime.
Thankful for the wonderful blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: