Thursday, September 13, 2018

FALL DECORATIONS FOR MARKET TABLE AND 1928 MEMORIES

Up to the sound of d-in-love's tires on the gravel as she rounded the house to drop off g-son and g-daughter RL.
I got g-son's breakfast fixed while hubbie helped get IR in and get daughter's baked goods in since she came right after d-in-love left.
I did chores then got ready for market. We had a hectic morning but at least we headed out only about 5 minutes late.
I dropped RL at pre-school and IR and I met hubbie at market. He carried everything inside and then took over IR while I got set up.
I wanted to change my table covers and decorations for Fall and since there were no customers in sight this morning I got it done.


IR's other g-ma, Connie picked her up about 10:00 and hubbie soon left to get home and mow our lawn before all the rainy days start.
Market was pretty slow but I am thankful for what I did sell and for the 5 cake order which turned into a 7 cake order when she came in to pick it up.
I did different things to try and not get too bored and I stood outside the door a lot to get out of the extreme heat inside market today. I am surly wishing for some cooler weather soon.
I made stops at the bank and Aldi on the way home and this is how many of the shelves in Aldi looked but thankfully I got all the things I needed.
I made it home about 3:30 and hubbie helped me unload and get things put away before daughter brought IR to stay while she went to an online class open house out at the school from 5-6 this evening.
Hubbie finished the lawn mowing and then came inside to watch the news with IR and I .
The news on the hurricane is a little better as it has lost about half it's strength and now is only a cat 2 storm. However the track looks more surer than ever that she will pass directly through our area dumping plenty of rain and wind.

The weather guessers are all different with the amounts of rain for us . The range is 6-12 inches so we are hoping for the 6 but preparing for the 12.
I went out to get chores done and we moved the garden chicken tractor back away from the trees in the woods and I planted some green seed where the tractor had been to hopefully get some to grow in the newly fertilized and scratched ground.
We came inside and relaxed for the evening.
To begin the decade series for September I found an interesting report card back from 1928 which listed the enrollment for all the county  schools back then.
This also is a picture of my mom's youngest sister, Mary, who was born on September 10,1928.


Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for all the folks in the path of this storm.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

You are in my prayers that you stay safe in this storm. Have a blessed and safe weekend.