Tuesday, September 18, 2018

LAUNDRY DAY AND 1968 MEMORIES

Up to a busy day with getting the kids off to school fed and on time after chores this morning.
Hubbie and I had loaded all the rugs, furniture covers and bedspreads in the Honda last night so I could check the laundry this morning to see if the big machines were available on my way back by there after dropping RL at her pre-school. I haven't been to the laundry in 4 months so I had a large load today and thankfully all the big machines were available this morning and there was only a couple other folks in the entire laundry.
I got everything into the washers and then took a nice walk around the medical center next door.

It was so peaceful and I was the only walker this morning all the way back to the laundry.
One of the machines with the big rugs in it had stopped working when I got back and the manager had to reset it so it took about 15 minutes longer than all the others but it was mostly rubber backed rugs so they don't get dried anyway.
I made it home about 11:00 and got the rugs all hung on the clothes line and all the other things put away then went back out to pick up RL.
She went right to sleep but woke up as soon as hubbie tried to put her in bed. IR had only slept about 20 minutes before she had woke up so we knew we were in for an interesting afternoon.
Hubbie got the stroller out for IR and before he could get her outside in it "Meow Meow" the cat thought it was a great place to take a nap.
We got the "green one" as g-son used to call this little motorized riding toy out for RL to try out but she didn't like it after she forgot to turn the steering wheel and ran into some bushes.
I pushed her in the swing for a long time and she is learning to propel herself to get higher and higher and thinks its great.
We came inside to get a snack and rest before BB and EL get here to play after school.
The "clap your hands" song came on TV and both girls really got into clapping along high and low.
Re took AD and CO for an appointment this afternoon and BB and EL got to stay and play with RL for awhile after IR went home.
I helped EL with her homework which brought back memories !!!
After everyone left hubbie and I got chores done and then rested after a very busy day.
Back in September of 1968 I had just started my freshman year of high school. I was in a class called introduction to vocation and the teacher's name was Mrs. Blocker. It's easy to remember this teacher because later in my life she offered me an opportunity that I passed up that very well could have changed my life and made me a rich women. She was a very successful realtor and offered to take me under her wing in her company because she said I had the ideal personality for the job. I went as far as to take the real estate class at the local college and even went to Winston Salem and passed the Real estate exam. But for some reason which escapes my memory I didn't ever take Mrs. Blocker up on her offer and never used my realtor license. Mrs. Blocker was a very successful realtor and a very rich woman but never married so maybe that's why God might have stopped me from going into business with her.
But anyway back in her class one of our first assignments was to write an autobiography.
These pages are some excerpts of my autobiography that surprised me when I read it because my life philosophy hasn't changed much in all these 50 years and I was impressed that I wrote this at 14 years of age.



Also found a football program from September 1968 with a team roster in it.

Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for God's intervention in an upcoming situation . And still praying for the eastern flood zones and all the folks who live there as the flood waters are still rising as evidenced by this bridge across the Cape Fear river.

God Bless and Good Night




1 comment:

linda m said...

Busy day for you. Blessings