Thursday, September 27, 2018

MARKET THURSDAY AND 1988 BUSY SEPTEMBER

Up to get this busy morning started. G-son took his breakfast with him this morning as daughter had to get to school earlier .
I got ready for market and did the chores while hubbie fed the girls their breakfast.
I don't feel great this morning and am just kind of going through the motions with my routine today.
I feel like a migraine is trying to sideline me today.
IR and RL fighting all the way to pre-school didn't help any either.
After dropping RL I headed to the market to meet hubbie. IR was in a happy mood when she got to walk around market while hubbie unloaded my things. He took over following her while I got set up.
Other g-ma ,Connie picked her up about 10:00 and hubbie left to run his errands and come home.
I was prepared for the heavy rain the weather folks said was coming today but it turns out I didn't need rain boots after all.

Sales were fairly good today for an end of September Thursday so for that I am thankful.
I left market and made a stop at Aldi for baking supplies and groceries and at Tractor Supply for flea meds for Meow Meow the cat. I also did my banking and PO stops.
As soon as I got here hubbie helped me unload and then daughter brought IR by on her way to open house. She took IR with her as she didn't expect many parents to show up.
Hubbie and I put Rocky the Aussie in the front of hubbie's truck because it looked like storms were coming any minute and drove him to the vet's office for  his rabies vaccine.
Rocky isn't your typical Australian Shepherd that loves to ride, he actually hates it and is very nervous the entire time. Even with me petting and soothing him he panted heavily and was very nervous all the way there and back. Thankfully he didn't get sick .
We came home and got inside just in time before the heavy rain fell.
We waited for an hour for the rain to slack and when it did we headed out to get chores done.
I dumped 4/10ths inch of rain from the gauge this evening and more heavy rains are predicted over night.
I need to get more decade pics on here and in September 1988 we had a busy month so there are lots of pics. The boys had school pics made in 1st grade (#1 son ) , kindergarten (#2 son) and I took daughter who was 3 years old and had a Christmas pic made.


#1 son and I went with a cousin and some friends to Camp Daniel Boone in Canton ,NC to a weekend Cub Scout campout that month and son enjoyed participating in all the activities.



 Cousin Connie and Bobby out in the canoe with another mom and cub scout.
 Cousin Connie and friend Rhonda giving me a what are you doing look !!!


This is son and his cousin Bobby in front of the cabin we stayed in.
We also organized a bike ride for our troop that month at Mount Moriah Baptist Church.
This is daughter and one of her favorite dolls.
Great memories of a very busy time in our lives but I am so thankful when I look back that we took the time to invest in our kids and their activities because it made us a closer family.
Thankful for the blessings of today and for the blessings of the family time we had through the years.
God Bless and Good Night