Sunday, September 30, 2018

GOOD BYE SEPTEMBER 2018 and 2008 DECADE PICS

Got some much needed extra zzz's this morning.  When I checked my phone I saw all the flood warnings and road closures and thought wow ,how did I sleep through so much rain ????
Luckily the rain wasn't in our area but in the areas just east of us where they received almost 6 inches of rain in less than an hour washing out roads and causing landslides in several places .
We had gotten about 1/4" of rain overnight here leaving everything muddy this morning.
I got chores done and we got the kitchen cleaned up and the corn on to cook while we got ready for church.
Daniel in the Lion's Den was the story for today.
We came home to grill hotdogs on the grill to go with the corn and oven baked French fries for lunch with #1 son's family, Aa's family and daughter and IR.
Everyone had a nice visit and the kids all got to play .
Aa's family and daughter and IR went home and #1 son's family with hubbie following in his truck went across town to pick up a used play set that d-in-love had bought .
I stayed home and got some clothes put away and rested.
D-in-love sent me these pics of part of the playset loaded in hubbie's truck as they got ready to head home.
Aa was waiting on them when that got home to help unload and get it set up.

It started raining on them but they got the job finished and Aa tested it out !!!
The kids are going to love playing on this thing.
Hubbie and I came home and got the chores done in a light mist of rain.
We had a relaxing Sunday evening to rest up for another busy week coming up.
Since this is the last day of September I need to finish the decade series for this month with the 2008 pics. G-son was staying here with me and he sure loved his Pawpaw when he came in from work each day.

He sure loved when I iced caramel cakes also and he got to lick the spatula.

It's hard to look at these pictures and then look at him today and think this is the same boy since it sure doesn't seem like it has been 10 years.

As another month comes to an end and I look back over it in these busy times I am even more thankful that God gives me the energy and opportunity to be a part of and watch these grand kids grow.
The month started with a fun time at the Apple festival and a Labor day hike in gorgeous weather.
RL started pre-school and isn't as excited about going as she was last year but goes most days happily anyway.
G-son has had his first school team experience on the middle school soccer team. He has enjoyed it so much and has gotten to play more than I thought he would and we have all been very surprised at the progress he has made under this coach.
We celebrated 2 birthdays this month as RL turned 3 years old on the 8th and CO turned 5 years old on the 11th.


Hurricane Florence made life miserable for many but thankfully spared us any major damage.
This entire month has been much warmer than normal and it set a new record for the warmest September in history.
One sad thing this month will always be remembered for is the loss of these 2 little sweet hearts who were forced to move back to Ohio to live with an uncle after being a part of our family for 15 months .We will miss them terribly and will continue to pray that they can find peace in this decision.
As another month ends and another one begins I am as always humbly grateful for all the blessings along the way and continue to pray for God's guidance in the coming month as we strive to glorify the Lord in all that we do.
God Bless and Good Night









1 comment:

linda m said...

I am so disheartened to hear that AD and CO had to go live with their Uncle in Ohio. This is just wrong. They belong with Aa and Re. I will keep the in my prayers.