Saturday, September 29, 2018

FALL OLD TIMEY DAY

Woke up at 6:30 this morning wide awake. It took me a few minutes to figure why hubbie was not in bed and then I figured I had woke up early because I was afraid I wouldn't hear my regular 7am alarm this morning with hubbie leaving at 5:30 to get to market to help with the set up of Old Timey Day.
It was pitch dark outside so I did my leg stretches and got ready for market giving the sun time to get up so it would be daylight enough to get the chores done.
I got my Old Timey Day outfit on !
I made it to market a few minutes after 8:00 and found there were a lot of folks already there. Hubbie came from the stoves where they were already cooking ham, sausage, gravy and biscuits and helped me get my things carried in.
Folks were already in line for the fresh , hot off the wood cook stoves biscuits.

The Old Time Pickers provided some lively music for the event and everyone acted like they had a good time.

There were old cars to look over on the outside also.
 This old tag caught my eye and brought back memories of the car tags when I was a kid.
Inside market there was beautiful fall flowers and many varieties of apples to choose from.

Both my grand girls had a good time today at the celebration.

 RL was hungry again and left market to have lunch with her mom and dad.

G-son went on a church youth camping trip overnight last night and will be home later today.
Hubbie and I stayed an hour after market closed helping get everything took down and put away.
Both of us were really glad to get home and get things unloaded and put away here and sit down and put our feet up for a little while. Whew these days are fun but they sure are a lot of work and these days sure remind us of our age !!!!
One of the youth leaders dropped g-son off from the camping trip and he was hungry and tired. He came in wet and said they had played in the creek but the water was colder than he had ever felt creek water to be.   After he ate and got some dry clothes on he talked about his trip and it sounded like he had a really good time. This is his first outing with the youth.
Thankful for a blessed day with so many things going on but one very sad thing happened today.
Re lost her court battle to keep AD and CO and today they left to go live with Re's brother in Ohio. AD was very devastated about having to leave her friends and school and I'm sad because both these little girls thought of Re as their mother now with the loss of their own mother nearly 2 years ago.
Please pray for these girls as they get introduced to a totally different life now in Ohio and pray that they continue their healing.
God Bless and Good Night








No comments: