Monday, September 24, 2018

RAINY SOCCER MONDAY

I had a very hard time getting to sleep last night and didn't sleep soundly when I did sleep. Mostly because my bee stung toe started throbbing when I layed down.
So this morning I am moving a bit slow.  D-in-love called to say she was waiting on daughter to pick g-son and g-daughter RL up to bring them here because the battery was dead in her SUV.
I had g-son's waffles ready when he came in with daughter. She said #1 son had just arrived when she picked them up to jump d-in-love off so she could get to work on time.
After g-son ate he and daughter headed to school.
I just thought how great things have worked out with the kids and getting to school and work.
I did my chores then took RL to pre-school. I came home and had my breakfast and then got the weekly laundry duty started.
Hubbie wanted to make a trip to the Amazon return place on the way to pick up RL today so we left early to stop by there. They had sold the car seat we went after and the nerf gun that was going to be a Christmas present for BB was way to powerful for him so we struck out today on finding any bargains.
We picked up chicken nuggets for the girls and then went to get RL. IR had slept all the way while we were driving .
When RL started eating her nuggets IR woke up and wanted some also.
RL went to sleep on the way home and hubbie carried her in and put her to bed.
IR, hubbie and I had lunch then I gave IR a quick bath before her mom picked her up to go for a check-up and shots at the doctor.
I did more laundry and when RL woke up she helped .
We got ready to go to g-son's soccer game in the rain. A light rain misty has been falling all day and just as game time rolled around it got heavier so we watched the game under umbrellas.








They didn't play well today and lost their first game of the season 3-1 to Polk middle school.
#1 son bought a battery and brought it to the game to put in d-in-love's suv and we all came home to dry off.
Hubbie and I went out to get the chores done before the rain got any heavier. So far there was just a trace in the gauge  but heavier rain is supposed to move in overnight.
We came inside and watched the late news and the flooding is still unbelievable from Florence .
I collected some Persimmon seeds on my way back inside tonight and hubbie cut them open. These aren't mature yet but it looks like they either are going to contain knives or spoons. Knives mean extreme cold winter and spoon means snowy winter. We will cut more as the weather gets cooler and the persimmons start ripening more.

This is the sample pic from the internet.
I keep seeing all black wooly worms also !!!
I am tired tonight as I finish the last load of laundry at 9:00 tonight to get that job done for the week.
I hope I can make up for my restless sleep of last night and am looking forward to a long peaceful sleep tonight.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and still praying for Re and the kids.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

I hope you slept better last night. I have been having trouble sleeping lately, but think my problem is stress. That is so interesting with the Persimmon seeds. After all our wet weather this year I
am hoping for a "dryer" winter. Will keep Aa and Re and the family in my prayers.. Blessings