Sunday, October 14, 2018

RESTFUL SUNDAY AND GRANDMOTHER BORN IN 1858

Amen......
Up on a surprise rainy morning. I waited a little while for the light rain shower to pass before getting out to do the morning chores.
I had breakfast then cooked rice and added it and black beans and Mexican corn to the crockpot full of cooked chicken for lunch today. When I stopped in Ingles yesterday to buy the supplies for today's lunch, I picked up a whole chicken and a box of brown rice for chicken and rice that I was planning. As I looked at the back of the rice box when I started to put it in the cart this recipe caught my eye.
I thought this would spice up the chicken and rice so I bought a couple cans of black beans and Mexican corn and a bag of Mexican cheese.  I cooked the whole chicken over night in the crockpot and pulled all the meat out and shredded it this morning putting it back in the crockpot with the liquid from the chicken still in there along with the rice, beans and corn.
I turned the crockpot back on and let it cook while we went to church.
G-daughter RL  ready for church ….

Our Senior pastor Craig got sick over night and associate pastor William did the sermon today.
#1 son's family was our only guest for the new recipe but let me tell you this will definitely go into my Sunday lunch rotation because it was very good. Not only is it very good but very cheap to make. I had a crockpot completely full and for only about $11 for the one pot lunch.
After they left hubbie watched a race on TV and I went through my photos for October decade pictures. There was a lot on October pics so this took all afternoon but I am glad it is finished so I can start getting them posted.
I went out to get the evening chores done just as the  sun dropped below the horizon leaving some pretty color in these clouds.
Hubbie and I relaxed for the evening.
To begin the decade pics with the oldest October event we start back in October of 1858 when my paternal grandmother was born. Martha Louise Wilkie was born on October 4, 1858.
The  words I was told about this picture of my grandmother Martha were that she was standing in front of the mountains she loved.
This is my grandmother and grandfather Pryor.
I have always wished I would have got to know this great lady who died in April of 1935 at the age of 77. I am thankful to have the genes of such a strong beautiful lady.
I am thankful for the blessings of another wonderful Sunday.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: