Tuesday, June 29, 2021

RAINY DAY, THANKS TO DANNY

 A rainy morning was a perfect time to be a little lazy this morning. I got chores done a little late but the animals didn't seem to mind staying in their dry houses a little longer. It is a fine misty rain that is keeping things cool but the air is really humid as this rain comes off the tropical system named Danny as it passes to the south of our area.  Our Sam's Club order was ready for pick up by the time I finished chores and there was a break in the rain so I grabbed a cup of coffee and a bar and we headed out to pick it up.   Sam's Club has done so much to improve the curbside pickup since they started and they still give out a little appreciation bag filled with goodies for using the service. We came home and got everything put away. I totally forgot to bake cakes last night so I baked 6 caramel, 2 chocolate and 1 coconut tonight for the July 4th celebrations.  Daughter came over with lunch and the girls as we all had lunch together. IR stayed here after she took CA home for a nap.  IR went outside with hubbie to play while I stayed inside to do some house cleaning and change out my monthly decor and furniture covers.  This is the time I do some deep cleaning when I change the decor and is one reason I do this each month. By the time I finished I was sweating and the humid air from outside didn't help any as IR kept leaving the doors open coming in and out to see what I was doing.   She was having fun outside and was tickled when "Meow Meow" jumped up in her chair beside her.

Daughter came back to pick up IR but she said she wanted to spend the night here by herself tonight. Daughter went home and was bringing her some clean clothes and her new "happy napper" that we bought her for her birthday back later.  She helped me get chores done and then helped hubbie with his while I came inside and iced caramel cakes.  We ate some supper and then daughter came back with IR's things . We expected her to want to go home with her mom but she didn't which surprised all of us.  Daughter left and we all came inside to settle down for the evening. All of a sudden IR decided she wanted to go home to her mama. I think she got to thinking of her sister and her mama and said she wanted to her sister to stay her with her so they could both spend the night. Hubbie took her home while I iced the chocolate and coconut cakes.  Both hubbie and I didn't sleep well last night for some reason so we are going to get an early bedtime tonight.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night 



No comments: