Monday, April 5, 2021

2021 GARDENING SEASON BEGINS

 Spring Break Monday morning is off to a slow leisurely start as it should be.  I got chores done and then had breakfast. We need to run a couple errands this morning so we got in the truck and headed out. We dropped off a couple boxes of misc. at Goodwill, then made an egg delivery, stopped at a couple sporting goods stores in the mall to check for some shoes I'm looking for to hopefully help my sore feet but didn't have any luck finding them at either store. Next we stopped at Home Depot to pick up several bags of garden soil for my raised beds and then hubbie needed some chainsaw parts at 4x4 country. We could see the interstate from this store and it was at a dead standstill headed to Asheville. Luckily we made it home before the back roads got to crowded with traffic getting off the interstate. We had lunch then I got laundry started while hubbie started getting all last years chicken manure compost out of the bin and added some of it to the raised beds. The rest is piled at the end of the garden to be added to the the garden later. I needed the compost bin cleaned out before I started adding more to it . I dug up several more rows of left over greens that have lost their flavor after feeding us well all winter. Now the chickens get to feast for a while on them. Hubbie chopped the remainder of them up to be plowed under to add nutrients to the garden soil.  I had to go pick up a curbside Walmart order between getting 3 loads of laundry done and garden work done. We didn't get as much done today as we had hoped but at least we got the garden plowed so the soil can dry out a little bit in tomorrow's warm sunshine before we disk it. 

 I got one of my chicken house cleaned out before it was chore time.  We came inside and I have iced the ball of my foot all evening hoping this will help with the soreness until I can get to a store I found in Asheville that sell the shoes that are recommended to help with this.  

RL and IR got together this morning at d-in-love's to do some painting .

Thankful for the blessings of this day.

God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

Hope you find the shoes that help your feet. It is hard to function when your feet hurt.