Saturday, April 24, 2021

SLEEP OVER NIGHT

 A rainy Saturday morning to relax and rest a little longer is always welcome around here. The rain wasn't suppose to be here yet but it is raining pretty hard as I get out to get chores done. I am so glad to see the rain for the garden and the raised beds. Everything really needed a good soaking rain and so far that is what we are getting.  Back inside I had breakfast then watered all my plants in the sunroom. I have some aphids again starting on my pepper plants so I mixed up a mixture of essential oils of peppermint, oregano and clove oil and gave them a good spraying. Hopefully I can get it stopped this year before they get really bad.  I looked all around the bedrooms for lady bugs that usually come in this time of year to bring them to the plants for aphid control but didn't find any today.  Hubbie and I did some house cleaning this morning while the rain continued outside. I put away some laundry and then relaxed for a while.  

RL and IR have been talking all week about spending the night tonight so we got chores done early to be ready for them when they get here. We ended up with 1 inch of rain today which is a perfect amount. Today is d-in-love's birthday so she was going out with some friends tonight and RL doesn't understand why she can't go along with her mom.   After the girls arrived they ate supper with us then played happily until bath time. They love taking a bath together and we let them stay in the tub until the water gets cold so they love it.


They decided they wouldn't sleep in them tent in the living room and instead would just sleep with us in our king size bed.

It is tight but they like to snuggle closely.  They giggled and talked until about 10:30 and hubbie took IR back in the living room to watch TV to separate them so they would both go to sleep. It worked like a charm as RL was asleep in bed with me by 10:45 and IR was asleep in the rocker by 11:00.  We all slept pretty well all night and neither girl made a big fuss about going home this time.

Thankful for the blessings if this day.

God Bless and Good Night

No comments: