Thursday, April 22, 2021

IT IS COLD !!!!

 Woke to 27 degree temperature this morning which wasn't as bad as I expected after seeing how fast the temperature was dropping last night. I have no idea how long it has been this low or if it has been lower than this but to be still 27 at 7:30 is cold !!!

Hubbie left to go take g-son to school while IR , CA and I snuggled to watch TV.  I got chores done and was surprised to see the water pans had very little ice on them which is a good sign and I can't see a lot of visible damage to my plants except some of the Hosta's look shriveled and bad.  So far the Azalea blooms look okay but sometimes it takes a little while to discover any damage.  I grabbed a meal bar for breakfast after getting back inside later than normal because of all the uncovering I did of the garden plants and raised beds. I am leaving the covers on the blueberries and grapes since it is just sheets and air can easily get under them. Hopefully the coverings will absorbed some heat and hold it for the overnight .  After my bar and coffee we loaded up in hubbie's truck and headed out to get the weekly errands done.  We made stops at the dump / recycle center then the market to check on things there and then drove to the plant house in Blantyre to get out tomato plants and also some more pepper plants for the garden.  This plant nursery has just been bought by another family after being in the Wingate family for as long it has been there. They still have the same beautiful plants and were very nice to deal with . Our last stop was at the friends produce stand and then home for a late lunch with 2 napping girls.  They both woke up for lunch and then played the afternoon away inside since the temperature stayed in the low to mid 50's all day with wind.   After they left hubbie and I watched the early news then got chores done before we put the covers back on all the plants and raised beds to get ready for another cold night.  It is already 43 at 10:00 tonight so I'm sure we will get to freezing if not below again.                   Thankful for the blessings of this day.

God Bless and Good Night