Tuesday, April 6, 2021

FIRST PLANT BUYING DAY OF THE SEASON

 Up to a little earlier alarm this morning to get ready to ride with d-in-love-A , daughter and the girls to Rosman to a plant nursery.  They have been there before but hubbie and I have never been. We got chores done and then grabbed a quick breakfast. I rode with daughter and hubbie rode with d-in-love-A. We drove though heavy traffic even at this mid morning hour. There just seems to be so much more traffic all of a sudden everywhere. We left our county and drove into Transylvania county to a community called Rosman.  We saw the rows of green houses along side the road before we turned into the office area.  There were probably at least a dozen of these large green houses, some were packed full and some like this one were only partially filled with large shrubs and trees.


The place was called Henderson's Greenhouses and it was the trip up there for the selection and the prices. I bought some garden vegetables , although they didn't have too many ready for sale yet, I also bought some flowers and some raspberry bushes. We had both vehicles full when we headed home. We made a stop in Brevard for lunch and went through the drive through and ate on the ground in the shade.
We made it home through more heavy traffic and it seems the DOT is working on about every road in the county right now which makes for even more challenges.  CA was asleep when we got here so RL and IR wanted to swing outside then have popsicles.


CA woke up and wanted in on the fun also .



We all needed a nice cooling off break from the hot mid 70's day and being even hotter in those green houses so we rested and watched the girls play.
G-son had a friend over so they stayed down at his house.
After everyone left hubbie and I went to get some garden work done.  The plowed ground from yesterday dried alot today so that was really good and helped break up the clods.



While he did that I planted the lettuce I bought today along with the small plants I raised inside and planted the 4 plants of Russian Kale I bought today.
After we got the disk unhooked a wood splitter moved and the tractor put away I went to clean out another chicken house today. I was tired but I wanted to keep on my schedule of one a day to get all three houses cleaned hopefully before the rain started Thursday.  I got the big hen house all cleaned out and even washed the windows which I regretted because now I am afraid something will fly into the clear glass. Oh well I'm sure it won't stay clean very long.
We are planning on planting our potatoes , onions, broccoli , cabbage and brussell sprouts in the morning.  Maybe I will even get my flowers and herbs planted that I bought today and we need to find a place for the raspberries.  So tomorrow looks to be another busy spring day.
We came inside and collapsed tonight and got an early bedtime.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for traveling mercies.
God Bless and Good Night






1 comment:

linda m said...

I love going on an adventure to a new greenhouse. Always find something I like.