Friday, April 16, 2021

SPRING BLOOMERS

 I couldn't sleep last night for some unknown reason so dragging out of bed at 7:30 this morning was hard. Hubbie took g-son to school and the girls and I watched TV until he got back.  I actually laid back down in bed and took a short nap until about 8:30 while hubbie and the girls played in the playroom. Normally the girls would be on top of my bed not allowing any extra sleep.  I got up and got chores done and then the girls and I had breakfast together.  I had to go pick up our curbside Walmart order and the girls wanted to stay home with hubbie so I made a stop at the carwash on the way home to wash the pollen off my Honda SUV.  We got the groceries put away and then RL and IR went outside with me to play while hubbie got CA to sleep for a nap.  We played in the back yard out of the cool breeze that was making it feel really cool outside in the mid 60's sunshine. We took pictures with the girls in front of the beautiful blooming Azaleas around the upper part of the house and the front porch.







We came back inside at lunch time and the girls were really hungry. CA slept through lunch and after we ate hubbie took the big girls outside and left me inside to get some more baking done. A long time friend and school mate passed away last week and his memorial is tomorrow with a celebration on his life afterward with finger foods. I baked some lemon bars and chocolate brownies for that and also baked 3 more caramel cakes for another event.  CA woke up and wanted to hold a chick before she ate her lunch.
She has learned quickly to be very gentle with the chicks and I am proud of her.   She was eating her lunch when hubbie and the big girls came back inside.   The girls played while I finished baking and then we sat and read books until their mom's came after them.  They were wanting to spend the night but daughter had plans this evening to babysit her nephew E while Ben and Kristen had an appointment.  Baby E is growing like a weed and is so handsome.
I watched the news then went out to get chores done and then took a walk around the farm to enjoy all the spring beauty that has burst out in this nice sunshine this week.

I love this old huge Redbud tree that always sprouts blooms all along the trunks.

I also sat another silkie hen this evening. A little black hen joined the 2 white silkie hens I sat earlier in the week so their chicks will all be about the same size. I only put 3 large eggs under the little black hen because she is really small. Under the larger white hen earlier I put 7 silkie eggs and under the second white silkie I put a mix of 4 large and 3 silkie eggs.  
I came inside and put in a publix curbside order for tomorrow as I am going to be making a delivery just out the road from there.  I also iced the caramel cakes and cut and plated the bars and brownies.
Thankful for the wonderful blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: