Thursday, April 29, 2021

TREES FINALLY DOWN

 Up this morning to get this busy day started.  Hubbie went to take g-son to school and then I got chores done and had breakfast with IR and CA.  I have lots to get done today and was hoping things would be on schedule but of course the first thing that I was depending on being on time was late. I had a curbside Walmart order to pick up and was expecting it to be ready about 9:45 but it wasn't ready until 10:15. I did some rearranging and vacuuming in our bedroom while waiting on the order. We have a pest control man coming this afternoon to treat the house and I wanted to get somethings away from the baseboards and window sills.  I went to pick up my Walmart order and then I could get my cake icings done. I was almost finished with these when the tree cutters showed up. We weren't expecting them to come this morning because the wind is blowing about 25 MPH.  But they started right into working.

Can't believe I caught this limb in the air !!!!
The day didn't start well for the tree cutters as the first and only 2 limbs they cut off got caught in the strong winds and one hit and destroyed a gate which they replaced and the other fell across the back chicken fence which was repairable. We told them we certainly would understand if they waited until the wind died down but they kept working. They successfully got the 2 huge Oak trees on the ground by about 3:00 after getting here around 11:00 so that wasn't too bad. It was a nerve wracking day for hubbie and I especially after one of the cutters almost got hit by a falling cut off the tree.  I think they were tired from a hard week of work and were taking some risky chances but thankfully they succeeded and no one got hurt and we don't have a tree trough our house !!!!
The large tree that was leaning toward our house did have rot in the center of the tree trunk which could have caused it to fall on our house at any time. I am very very thankful that the trees are on the ground.
The pest control guy came about 2:30 and did a great job spraying inside and outside the house . Hopefully this will take care of all the borer bees and stink bugs we have around here now and keep the ants out in the future.
He went from our house to #1 son's which we also supervised since d-in-love went to another of g-son's track meets in Polk county . We missed another one but hopefully next week we will get to go see him.
The pest guy also treated daughter's house .
#2 son came over and helped hubbie get some of the large logs cut up and moved so we can put our new chicken lot fence back up. 
Hubbie and I will try to get a couple logs sawed and hauled away each afternoon until the mess is cleaned up.
I got chores done and was greeted by this little beauty who is the first chick hatched to a Silkie hen this season.
A bright spot to bring this stressful day to an end.   Hubbie or I didn't even eat anything all day and we realized this evening we were very hungry. Peanut butter on rice cakes filled supper menu.
I relaxed this evening in humble gratefulness of God's blessings on this day.  I am very thankful that the job is done and that God's hand seemed to be all around it, including the way we discovered these guys were even out there doing this job.
Thankful for all the other blessings of this day also and for the amazing Savior we get to call ours.
God Bless and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

Happy for you that the limbs are cut down and everyone is safe. Blessings for a great weekend.