Sunday, April 18, 2021

RESTFUL SUNDAY

 A lazy Sunday morning. #1 son and Aa came up to get hubbie to take them up the creek and drop them off so they could fish down to our property this morning before lunch. I got chores done and had a breakfast bar and coffee before I started getting things ready for today's lunch. One of our roosters had cooked over night in the crockpot and hubbie shredded that while I cooked some Jasmine rice. I put the meat back in the crockpot with the rice and more broth. I put some baby carrots in the instant pot and green beans and corn on the stove. While we watched the church service on TV I peeled apples and made an apple crisp.     Everyone made it to lunch except #2 son and d-in-love T.   After we ate the kids played outside while everyone had a nice visit and then after everyone left hubbie and I settled in for a relaxing Sunday afternoon.  IR stayed with RL to play today and they played in the sand in the bottom pasture and watched #1 son fish in the creek. He caught several fish that the girls helped release back into the water and he caught another large fish not as big as the 21 inch trout he caught a couple weeks ago but this one was 17 inches long.  Definitely a "country girl" afternoon for these two.









I did only one thing this afternoon between sitting out in the covered patio and sitting on the front porch and that was I put away some laundry.  This has been a nice Sunday just to relax and recharge for the coming week.
I got chores done and then moved the extra Silkie roosters into a little chicken tractor of their own so I can make a picture of them and advertise them this week.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night