Monday, October 21, 2019

DAY 2 OF PUMPKIN CARVING

Woke to a surprising rainy morning. It was supposed to be nice until early afternoon today and then rain with the front that was moving through. Apparently Mother Nature had other ideas and a light misty rain was already falling as I went out to get chores done before 8:00.
Hubbie got g-son to school then rode with me to drop RL off at pre-school.  We stopped by market to pick up a pumpkin I was using for decoration in case g-son wants to carve himself a Jack-O-Lantern this afternoon after school. We also made a stop at the Co-Op to pick up some ginger and get hubbie some cough medicine. We have found that sometimes this natural meds work better than prescriptions.
We came home and had breakfast then hubbie went to work outside hauling some of the wood that was left by the tree trimmers last Friday to the pile in the pasture and I put laundry away and gathered all the dirty laundry and got it downstairs. My washer is still torn apart waiting for the replacement parts so laundry will have to wait. The parts are supposed to be today or tomorrow .
We went by daughter's on the ay to pick up RL to pick up IR who wanted to go with us and daughter needed some time to work on her online class.
We picked RL and up and stopped by Burger King for burgers and fries for lunch. The girls wanted to come home and eat so they would have more playtime.
After we all ate lunch we went outside to carve RL's pumpkin. She had picked out a scary jack-o-lantern face with eyebrows.  She wanted IR to help her get the pumpkin cleaned out and IR was happy to help.




Hubbie's face got in the way of the girls seed slinging !!

Hubbie did a good job with the face she wanted under RL's close supervision.




She was very proud of the finished product.




Then we came inside and the girls wanted to color their small pumpkins they had .


 Daughter and CA came over and CA enjoyed playing on her activity pad.

She is going to be swamped with attention from these two older girls.


 Hubbie picked up g-son and he was more interested in playing games on his phone than carving a pumpkin until his mom picked him up to go get a haircut.
After everyone left hubbie and I went out to get done early as heavier rain is supposed to move in soon.
My washer parts came in so hubbie worked on fixing that while I decided o take a walk around the bottom pasture. I haven't walked down here in a while because the mosquitoes were so bad but today was a really nice day for a walk.

I noticed how bright red the rose hips were and there is certainly a bountiful amount of them this year.
I beat the rain back inside and checked out my washer that hubbie finished fixing and it works now. It makes a lot of noise but works so we'll run it until something else goes wrong.
I got 2 loads of my weekly laundry done tonight  along with peeling a crockpot full of Hoover apples a neighbor gave me from market. Hoover apples are an old heirloom variety and they make the very best applesauce so I couldn't pass these up and I also saved the peelings and cores for some colorful apple peel jelly that I will make tomorrow.
Thankful for the blessings of this day .
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: