Sunday, October 13, 2019

RAINY SUNDAY

I woke up at the regular 7am to the sound of rain hitting the metal roofing this morning. It sounded so comforting and I was soon lulled back to sleep. I woke up a couple hours later in a panic that I wouldn't get things done in time to make it to church.
I did chores then had a breakfast bar while I peeled potatoes and got them cooking. We also put corn on the cob on the cook before we left for church. We had sliced pork loin that had cooked all night in the crockpot.
We made it to church just a few minutes later than usual. We had the Lord's Supper today for the service .
We came home and fixed green beans and biscuits to go with everything else and #1 son's family, #2 son and Tif and Aa and the kids joined us for lunch.
These three had a good time together today.

Just as we started to eat we heard a crash and this willow tree limb broke out of the tree in the back yard. No wind and at the time it fell there was no rain falling.

Thankful hubbie and #2 son checked out everything and none of the pieces hit anything. Thankfully no one parked on this side of the house today.
We all ate and had a nice visit before everyone let.
Hubbie and I relaxed for the afternoon and watched it rain on and off all afternoon.
I met a lady on the other side of town at 6:30 to pick up this little kitchen she had advertised to replace this tool bench for the girls to play on.

We came home to get chores done and then I had to stop and watch this beautiful sunset tonight with the lingering clouds.
God's handiwork is totally awesome and who can doubt His love when He gives us such eye pleasing beauty to  end the day.
Thankful and grateful tonight.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

My idea of a perfect Sunday. God bless you.