Thursday, February 20, 2020

SNOW DAY

Slept late this morning but still woke to no snow yet and 39 degree temps.  I got chores done and then had a leisurely breakfast while hubbie made his weekly trip to the dump / recycle center and made a stop at Ingles for cat food.
Daughter called and said she had taken IR to work with her on this optional workday but she was going to leave as soon as the snow started. Since school was closed today son-in-love had the day off and CA stayed home with him.
Market is supposed to close when schools are closed so I wasn't planning on going in today but someone decided to open the market anyway. I wasn't going to chance getting out in the weather and am sure no customers braved the weather just to shop at market since Thursday have been really slow even on pretty days.
The snow started falling about 10:30 this morning.

Hubbie and daughter made it home safely as the temp is still in the upper 30's.
I decided to clean out all my closets since no kids were here and it felt really funny to be here alone.
Hubbie worked in his shop awhile this afternoon and then we went over to Aa's around 3:00 when the temperature reached 32 and we didn't want to risk slippery roads.
The snow is really coming down now and starting to stick.

 We drove hubbie's truck since it was in the barn and wasn't covered in snow.
We came home and I went to work on figuring #2 son and d-in-love Tif's taxes.
I can only work so long in the computer before my eyes cross so in about an hour I stopped to work some more on my last closet.
I did chores and could really feel the cold air start to settle in as the snow was sticking to the trees and ground getting deeper now.
The measurement I got was 1.3 inches here and it was still snowing but lighter now.

My winter garden was covered in white again.
Daughter face timed me so I could watch IR playing in the snow but it didn't take long until she wanted back in the warm house.
I face timed RL also tonight as a compromise with her mom because she wanted to come up to our house.
I guess these girls miss us as badly as we miss them when we aren't together.
Hubbie and I got our chores done and I put a pork loin in the oven for a nice supper tonight to go with a salad.
I spent the evening finishing my closet cleaning with a huge garbage bag full of donations and working more on taxes.
School is closed again tomorrow because of the low 20's temps predicted for tonight  but is another optional workday so the girls and g-son will probably be here later in the day so daughter and d-in-love can go into work part of the day.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for all the folks who have to be out on the roads tonight and early tomorrow.
God Bless and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

it must have been a weird day for you with no g-kids there. Glad you were able to get some "cleaning" done. Please stay safe and warm and tell your kids to do so also. Blessings