Wednesday, January 29, 2020

BAKING DAY

Back on regular schedule this morning. G-son and RL arrived and had breakfast before hubbie took g-son to middle school. I got chores done when he got back.  There was a beautiful sunrise this morning.


IR and CA 's other g-ma is coming up to stay with them today so hubbie rode along with me to take RL to pre-school.
After we dropped her off we made our weekly Aldi stop for baking supplies and then to Ingles.
We came home so I could get my baking started and hubbie could get some outside task done .
I baked 6 caramel, 2 pound cakes and 2 chocolate cakes and a pan of brownies.
I did a load of laundry and hung it out on the clothes line to dry since my washer wouldn't spin the heavy mattress cover I was washing.
I did evening chores and then got the weekly paperwork done and paid bills. I noticed on my bank statement that the duke energy checks for the house and shed hadn't been cashed and I mailed them on the 2nd of January. I opened the new bill they had just sent and of course it was doubled and a threatening note that if the past due balance wasn't immediately paid my power would be cut off. I have never had any trouble like this before. I know I mailed the bills with a couple other bills and the other bills were posted on the bank statement.
I called #2 son the mailman and asked him if there was anyway to find the letter and of course he said no there wasn't but he told me this seems to happen a lot with duke energy for some reason. Folks call all the time about their power bills not being delivered and he said even he had had this happen to him. He said Duke energy found his check eventually and posted it to his account after he had already re-payed the lost bill. He told me to call tomorrow and ask them to refund the late charges.
I spent the rest of the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
There is a slight chance of some more black ice on the roads in the morning so we'll wait and see what happens.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: