Sunday, January 26, 2020

NICE SUNDAY AND DECADE PICS FOR 1970 and 1990 for JANUARY

A slow Sunday morning  getting some things ready for lunch. I got chores done then put a ham in the oven and some baby carrots in the instant pot. Hubbie peeled potatoes and out them on the boil while I deviled some eggs we boiled last night.
We left the oven on and the instant pot went to the keep warm cycle , we turned off the potatoes and put a lid on them and headed for church.
We came home to lunch with #1 son's family, daughter's family and Aa and his kids. Re worked last night so she was home sleeping.
We fixed corn , green beans and biscuits to go with the ham, carrots and potatoes for a delicious lunch.
CA is not feeling well at all and is really needing to sleep as for the last couple nights each time she lays down she crys. Don't know if its her teeth coming through or and ear infection.
After everyone went home hubbie ran to Ingles for some waffles for the kids in the morning and I got my laundry put away and my clothes laid out for the week.
I also went through old pics for the decade pics to start this year off.
After evening chores hubbie and I both relaxed for the evening.
The decade pics in January are always sparse and today I only found a couple years with anything in January xx00's.
First this is a basketball article in the paper of a game from my 10th grade year in high school in January 1970.
And this is a pic of me in that month and year. My aunt Gertie Mae, my mom's sister would always take me shopping around Christmas time in those days and let me pick out several outfits that she could buy for me. She had 2 boys and I was like her only chance at outfitting a girl. This is one of the outfits I she bought for me.
And this is from 20 years later in January of 1990 #2 son was selected to be a terrific kid in his classroom.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

Hope that little CA is feeling better soon. Blessings