Tuesday, January 21, 2020

TEACHER WORKDAY MEANS ALL KIDS ARE HERE

Another cold mid teens morning and frozen water pans. I  was able to break the ice in them yesterday but this morning they were frozen solid so I had to beat the ice out of them and refill them. Hopefully the animals will get a drink before they freeze back.
I put out the game camera last night to see what if anything was coming through the yard since one of my guineas is missing.  I got a rude surprise today when I looked at the pictures as a couple coyotes or  foxes (can't really tell ) were milling around right above the house next to the chicken houses.



We had all 4 grands here today since it is a teacher workday.




At lunch today I had some of this broccoli from our garden. I picked this yesterday and it was frozen solid but it thawed and tasted very good and fresh. It has been such a mild late fall and early winter this year that things in the garden have kept going strong.

Hubbie took g-son to wrestling practice and the girls got picked up shortly after he left.
Hubbie and I got chores done early so the animals could get a good snack before another cold night.
It is already 22 degrees at 8:00 so this may be the coldest night so far.
Each time I go downstairs to put wood in the stove I have to stand and watch the flames for a while.
I really enjoy watching the flames and wish that we could have a wood stove upstairs in our living room so I could sit and watch the flames but I know with our small living room it would be much to hot . We have the Appalacian in there but can only build a fire in it when the temps get down into the single digits and open the sunroom door.

I put the camera back out in the same location to see if this is a regular coyote route. On these cold nights we are bringing Rosie into the basement so there is no barking dog outside and maybe that's why they decided to come through .
Hubbie and I relaxed for the evening.
Thankful for the blessings of the day.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

My hubby wants to put a camera outside of our house. We live in the city yet we see deer, fox, coyote, and who knows what else tracks in out yard. Can't believe you are still picking veggies from your garden. Keep warm and safe. Blessings