Sunday, January 19, 2020

COLD SUNDAY

Hubbie, #1 son and I had nursery duty at church this morning and we took care of 7 little 2 year and unders.
We came home to lunch with everyone except son-in-love who is working today. We had beef stew and corn with corn bread or sour dough bread slices.
Everyone had a nice visit and catch-up time.
After lunch hubbie went up to his shop and I walked around the farm. I am afraid this is really way too early for these Daffodils to be blooming. I remember them blooming in February but can't think of a time that I saw blooms in January before.

Also the Butterfly bushes along the driveway are loaded with green leaves already.

The prediction of mid teen nights starting tonight and going through the middle of the week will definitely hurt these.
Sadly I lost the oldest rooster that I have today. I don't even know how old this guy is but he had gotten really feeble the last couple weeks and I wasn't surprised to find him in his house dead this morning. He surely had a great life as he was able to roam free and had the run of the farm for the last several years.

Got chores done and settled in for a restful evening thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: