Thursday, January 30, 2020

SCHOOL DAY MARKET DAY

All the grandkids arrived early this morning. Hubbie took g-son to school, I got morning chores done and then we got loaded for market. I took RL and IR with me to pre-school. This is Thursday so IR gets to go to school today and she has been looking forward to it.
They were sassy going into school with their backpacks on and marching along the white lines.



IR was fine until she got to her classroom door and then the tears started but Ms. Kenna scooped her up and started talking to her.
I dropped RL and left to meet hubbie and CA at market.
Before I set up my table this morning since there was no customers yet at market I took all my winter decorations down and set out the Valentine décor.


Sales were really slow this morning as I got my end of the month treasurer payroll duties done and made the call to Duke Energy.
I got a really rude young man to talk to who treated me as if I paid my bill late every mont.
He said my checks were probably there but were placed in a large bin with all the other payments that had something wrong with them. He couldn't tell me anything that might cause your payment to go into this bin but said after 30 days they would all be shredded. I asked how I could go about getting someone to search for my payment so that I could know why it got put into the bin and he
didn't answer me. The only thing he kept saying to me was if I set up automatic draft I wouldn't have to worry about this happening anymore ????  I came away from this conversation wondering if this is a strong arm way for Duke Energy to get everyone to do the automatic draft. The things this man said to me just did not make sense. I am going to call again tomorrow and hopefully talk to someone else to see if I get the same run around.
I picked up a happy IR from pre-school today and she was happily talking all about her day. Kenna said this was her best day so far . Hopefully she is getting into the flow of things.
We stopped by McDonalds and got her a cheeseburger and fries and me a salad as I just realized all I had eaten all day was a banana I grabbed on my way out the door this morning.
She was happy to tell all her friends at market about her good school day and ate her lunch happily. CA had went to the dump / recycle center with hubbie about 10:00 this morning and went to sleep on the way and she was still sleeping when we came back to market but woke up shortly and had her lunch. She is getting better of not swallowing and is eating better today so maybe the medicine is working on her ears.
We all got ready at the end of market day and loaded up.  The day ended up not being too bad afterall with a couple good sales.
Hubbie took CA home and IR wanted to go with me to the bank, PO and Ingles.
She got to ride in the little car cart at Ingles and got a sucker for being so good as I shopped for a couple things we needed from there.
We came home just in time for me to stay with the girls while hubbie picked g-son up from school.
He dropped him off at home so he could help get their basset hound to an adoption shelter to meet with another dog to see if he got along with her.
Looks like they hit it off and d-in-love adopted this little black and white dog to give Abe the basset some company.



Daughter came after her girls and IR was outside riding this little tractor around.

She loves riding this "green one" as g-son used to call it when he was her size but she is having to learn to steer it.
After daughter left hubbie and I got chores done and then we cooked these delicious smoked pork chops we had bought on our trip to Hickory Nut Gap farms last month.
I seared them in the cast iron skillet on the stove them put them in the oven to bake for about 30 minutes. Hubbie gathered some fresh greens from our winter garden to go in the instant pot and he also fried some potatoes to go along with them.



We had a delicious supper and healthy supper. I love getting meat from this place since I know it isn't loaded down with preservatives and junk.
The chops were so large and think hubbie or I couldn't eat all of them so we saved some for lunch tomorrow.
We spent the evening relaxing.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

Sure hope you get that dumb problem with Duke Energy solved. I would report that rude man to some nighter up the chain - there is no excuse for his treating you that way. Also, that is no way to run a "power" company. Your dinner looks so good it is making me hungry. Have a great weekend.