Thursday, June 24, 2021

ERRAND DAY AND MORE BARN CLEAN UP

 Up to another mid 50's morning. I had chill bumps on my arms doing chores which is very rare for June around here.  After chores I had breakfast then hubbie and I headed out to run our weekly errands. Today we had a load of garbage from the barn clean out along with our regular trash so we had to go to the regular dump side which is always busier than the recycle side. We sat in a pretty long line but finally got unloaded and on our way.  We stopped at the bank and Sav Mor grocery store for a few things. Then we stopped by the Curb market to pay table rent for this year. There were very few customers in market today and not many vendors at all. The vendors that were there talked about how slow it is.  The newly elected board decided to put parking meters to charge for parking and I think this is hurting business. I had one of my customers who I met to pick up a cake tell me she would never go back there because the parking meters changed her feelings about the market.  I wonder how many more folks feel this way.   We left there ad stopped by Tractor Supply for more shavings for my chicken houses.  Then we got gas and headed home for a late lunch.  After we ate we headed back up to the barn to do more cleaning. We made major progress today in resetting a huge wooden storage table that had fallen over with things on it.  We only like a corner to finish the first side of the barn cleaning. Before we get to the other side we will need to put away the things we have moved to the middle from this side. I really found some treasures today. One being this little piano stool that came with a piano that I got for my 4th birthday.


These old door knobs and things from hubbie's granny's house were interesting also.

And these metal cake and pie pans from hubbie's grandmother's house.

We worked once again for about 4 hours and then stopped to rest before chore time. Hubbie sprayed the garden this afternoon. We did chores at our house and then went over to Aa's house and did chores over there while they are out of town for a few days.   We were laughing that we have slowly worked the soreness out of our legs and backs this week as we work each day.

I iced the 6 caramel cakes tonight and then went to an early bedtime.

Thankful for the blessings of this day.

God Bless and Good Night

No comments: