Friday, June 11, 2021

GETTING READY FOR VACATION

 This is a day I always dread. Today we get ready to go on a week's vacation at the beach. Since we stay in a house or in this year's case a "villa" we need to take more than just clothes and there is also the added beach things plus fishing things, etc....     And there is work to do around here to keep things from being so out of hand when we return.  I got chores done this morning and then had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast with my coffee for the first  time in a couple days I don't have to be in a rush to go anywhere.  IR and CA came around 8:30 so daughter could go to her regular doctor appointment.  I did laundry today so I wouldn't have 2 weeks worth to do when I get back. I had a cake delivery and a customers was coming to pick up eggs at about the same time so CA wanted to ride with me to deliver the cake and IR stayed with hubbie to meet the egg customer here.  When I got home the girls played outside until their mom got here with lunch. We all had lunch together and then they all left to run some errands.  I did more laundry and paid bills and ran them to the PO. When I got home hubbie and I worked in the garden until the thunder and rain ran us inside.  We worked on getting out things packed and cleaning the house while the rain came down outside. It seemed like it rained more than the .045 inch in the gauge this evening but then this beautiful rainbow appeared. 

That small amount of rain left me still watering my plants to hopefully hold them through the week.  When the rain stopped hubbie and I started getting the dogs and chickens set up for #2 son to take over their care for a week. We carry extra water and I fill their feeders so he won't have to spend much time getting things taken care of each day.  We moved a couple chicken tractors to more convenient locations and sat up extra water buckets.    We loaded the Honda with everything except the cooler and food box. We were dripping with sweat in the very humid evening.  I have a list of things to take and things to do each time we go on vacations and it has worked through the years so that is a relief that we don't have to worry about forgetting things.

Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for traveling mercies as hubbie and I, daughter's family and #1 son's family head out on the road in the morning heading to Litchfield beach in SC.

God Bless and Good Night

No comments: