Tuesday, June 8, 2021

OVERNIGHT GUEST

 Up to get chores done and have breakfast.  It is a nice sunny but muggy morning.  We decided to do some work in the garden before it gets really hot and the rains begin.  We needed to put up the panels for our pole beans to climb. Some of these have been replanted twice and still aren't coming up. I think I will buy some new seed and try again. The row of dried beans is doing great but the 2 rows of half runners are very sparse. I am hoping the recent rain will get them to come up but I'm loosing faith in that since it has been 8 days since I planted them.



I also pulled this big head of broccoli for some steamed broccoli for supper tonight.
We came inside to have lunch and watch the rains start. It was showering on and off and left 3/10ths inch in the gauge today.
Daughter had gate duty at the high school track meet this afternoon so she brought IR and CA over to stay.  RL came up and IR and RL started begging to spend the night .  D-in-love A said it would be a good night because she has to go to work tomorrow at 7am.  So daughter picked up CA and then RL and IR had supper out in the sunroom before they headed out to help me with chores.
They are getting big enough to really be a help and they carried water for me tonight.


After chores were finished the girls chased lightening bugs and RL caught a tree frog and was playing with it but IR was not a fan of the frog !!!!



We came inside and the girls loved licking the spatula after I finished icing the caramel cakes I baked last night when they got out of the bathtub.

Then it was bedtime and we were all tired so the girls went to sleep quickly as did hubbie and I. Hubbie and I are both fighting off head colds that CA graciously shared with us so it was good to be able to get a good nights sleep.
Thankful for these two little angels and for the other 2 angels already here and the 2 that are on their way. Grandkids make life complete for sure and I thank God that he allows me to be able to watch these kids grow up.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night.





No comments: